or Connect

Posts by ghalfaire

All the terminal software and any course I have used for inputting my score I had to enter the total score for 18.  I have never seen a system that permits you to enter scores by hole.  So you have to take care of subtracting strokes needed to comply with ESC.  
Null, Nada, None.  But I have had three eagles on Par 4 holes of reasonable length, e.g. not in driver range (at least not by me).  
If you Google (oh how I hate to turn a noun into a verb but I give up) "golf statistics" you will get a lot of spread sheets and some are free.
Tiger can certainly "move the needle" for TV ratings but his Ryder Cup record isn't as outstanding as his PGA career record.  But I hope he recovers and is on the team.
First of all most golfers don't keep a handicap.  But here is the distribution of handicaps (USGA).  Looking at these data one would have to guess that average is somewhere near 13.  However since I've seen results that say most golfers can't break 100 playing by the rules I somehow suspect people who keep handicaps are the better players and don't represent golfers at large.  There are likely some marketing organizations that keep track of scores of as many golfer as they...
Nope, they are the same guys I spoke of.  The rules say 5 minutes for looking for your ball then it is a lost ball.  Etiquette (also in the rules) says that when it becomes apparent that the ball will not be easily found you should wave the group behind you through.  Don't see these guys doing that either. But Dave2512, I agree with you that a lot of players play tees not consistent with their skill level (handicap) and that doesn't help speed of play either.  
Here is what I posted on another thread about slow play awhile back.   "Slow players are slow and IMHO would be slow if the greens (speed) were at 5 and holes were 24" diameter.  They would still take 15 practice swings, change club at least twice, throw grass in air 4 times and never walk more than 5 feet from their cart to their ball while their cart partner hits his/hers.  Certainly you would never see them play ready golf by hitting out of turn but rather they will...
I like these GPS versus Laser Range finder discussions and find interesting others' experiences with them.   I usually just read however and not comment as I see the entire argument as a Ford/Chevy argument for which there is no one correct answer.  I use a GPS (Sky Caddie) myself and like it a lot.   It certainly is helpful when on courses I am not familiar with and/or in places on courses I am not familiar with.  I like the bird's eye view of the course and the ability...
Perhaps so.  But I do believe some amateurs viewing PGA events will come away with the concept that slower play will lead to better play.  While not true the PGA guys must believe it is because even when in the fairway with a simple wedge shot they can take more than a minute to make the shot. I would also agree with some earlier comments that there doesn't seem to be any agreement on what is a decent time for a foursome to complete 18 holes.  I would think somewhere...
Whether you decide to play by the rules or not is a personal decision.  The only "rub" I know of is if you are keeping an official handicap then not playing by the rules will probably lead to what I would call an "ego handicap".  This would certainly put you at a disadvantage in any competition where you would be required to play by the rules.  But if you don't ever play competitive golf then I suppose the no harm no foul would apply to not playing by the rules.   BTW I,...