or Connect

Posts by ghalfaire

My personal experience has been it is not all that "cut and dried" as assumption of risk.  What if neither the lady or her husband were golfers or have any detailed knowledge of the game? There is also an assumption by insurance companies that their clients do "due diligence" in mitigating the risks associated with their business. So putting up sign that warn golfers they are responsible for errant shots and maybe on the fence warning pedestrians to watch out for errant...
I certainly agree with this.  Slow play certainly isn't caused by carts or lack of carts.   There have been a lot of threads on this problem and my conclusion is that slow play occurs for several reasons but on most public courses I believe it is overwhelmingly caused by course crowding.  Sort of the same problem big city traffic has in rush hour.  Just too may players on the course at the same time and just like rush hour it slows the movement.  I am not too sure what the...
I didn't vote as I don't like any of the options.  For me, I had some driver problems, I tried shortening the driver to around 44.5 inches and this seemed to solve the problem.  For a short time I carried a strong 3 wood that I used and that worked OK too but my ego just couldn't stand not having a driver in the bag.  I can't see where the shorter driver length has cost me any distance on average as I find the sweet spot more often and am certainly in play a lot more.  I...
Certainly the rules on what not to say are different when playing with your friends than with strangers.  But even with friends there are times when silence is the best policy if you want to keep the friend.  But usually with friends you know when it is OK to comment and maybe twist the knife some and when it isn't.
I certainly don't know one way or another for sure.  But I don't believe Tiger would do that and risk his career and legacy.  I suppose you could make a case for the other option because of his "growth" over the years, but somehow I don't think he used PEDs.  
I will miss Big Break. Can't say it was my favorite show but it was one I usually watched and liked.
You're right, that's crude.  Lucky he didn't get punched.
A male would probably starve to death as cart "persons" depend on tips to eat.  I doubt if even if half inebriated another male will tip a "cart boy" the same way he would a "cart girl".
I tend to agree with this comment.  When the tee times just don't allow for someone to even spend a minute looking for a lost ball without holding up the people behind you it will end up in a traffic jam.  Even if that foursome gets back on track quickly you have created a jam behind them that will take some time to correct.  Most golfers are going to hit a few not so good shots and will need an extra amount of time to find the ball and figure out their next move, whereas...
This thread surely had legs. I don't remember what my answer was but my comment, whatever it was, assumed the group knew what the rules said and the questions was really do you follow the rules or do something outside the rules. But the rule are clear on this and the only answer is to go back to the original position, add one penalty shot, and hit again. That's not what most golfers do in my experience, but it is the only option the rules allow if your ball is lost and...