or Connect

Posts by ghalfaire

I saw this on the morning news today.  Kid can really send the ball on a trip for one arm and only 3 years old.  An example for the rest of us who have two arms.
The only thing I know for sure about "What if there had been no Tiger" is that Phil's golf record would be a lot better.
I would self analyze my greatest challenge on the course is staying focused.  I believe I could be 5-8 strokes better if I could only stay focused on the shot at hand and not other things.  Not that I don't have swing flaws, but they are almost insignificant to the "outta my mind" shots" that cause double and/or triple bogies a couple of times a round.
My favorite is a quote from Bobby Jones, "golf is a game that is played in the 5 inches between your ears".  
I voted yes and I do believe Brandel is correct that Tiger will never dominate the tour like he did.  Will he win again?  Probably, but none of the top 10 on tour are afraid of him anymore, nor should they be.  Too many injuries and too close to middle age to recover 100%. 
I voted no.  It seems no matter how well you play you always feel you left a few strokes on the course,  I sometimes think that is what attracts us to the game.  As Bagger said "it is a game you can't win you can only play".  
I think I'll take a "wait and see".  When they mess with your spine it sometimes works but often not.  Certainly Tiger is a skilled competitor, but an older one now with some chronic issues.  
I concur.  I like belonging to a private club but it doesn't solve the slow play problem.  In fact I think in some ways it is worse as the members own the club.
I enjoy playing scrambles (selective shot) a few times a year.  Would not like to do it all the time and understand those that don't like it at all.  But for me it is enjoyable and you can try shots you might never try in other formats.  Sometimes it does take longer than it should, but then that is more the testosterone issues with a bunch of scratch player who bought maximum "Mulligans" and want to show the world how to win rather than the "twice a year" players IMO.
I guess from my perspective neither the premise that "distance is always more important than accuracy" or "accuracy is always more important than distance" is true.  It just depends on your game and the situation.  Maybe the only true premise in golf is "if you don't pick a shot you're comfortable with/ confident in, you'll screw it up".