or Connect

Posts by ghalfaire

If it was me and I didn't see either my ball or the provisional when I arrived where I thought they were,  I'd offer the group behind to play though while I looked for my ball (if OK with my playing partners).  I would not look more than 5 mins or when the group behind us cleared their second shots, which ever was shorter.  If had not found the ball by then I would take the "walk of shame" or just drop one on the fairway and finish the hole and score whatever gross was a...
Probably a little off topic but I always cringe when someone says all, none, always, never, and paints a group, in this case seniors (whoever that is), with the same brush.  Seniors are no more a homogeneous group than any other.  While they may share some characteristics, chronological age over some number, many can still play the game from the tips and outscore  a lot of younger folks I see playing from the tips.
I gave up cigarettes many years ago but I can remember "the habit".  I can also remember when I was a young man in the Military oversea the Red Cross just gave them to us (yes they did).   I personally would like no smoking on the course, but think it is a bad idea.  Courses are struggling and I don't think this would help.   At the club I play on smoking on the course is banned, but it is because of the fire danger to the forests.  The smokers don't like it but since it...
Are you saying that if your investment adviser calls and say sell your IBM you have to ask the broker "are you using inside information to recommend this decision?" or you can be sent to jail as an accomplice if he/she is using inside information.  The reason most have advisers is because whatever our expertise is it doesn't extend into the realm of buying and selling paper and/or we don't want to spend hours a day monitoring our nest egg.  So we find someone who is...
She was only convicted of lying to the SEC.  If any of the above alleged action could have been proven she would have been charged, tried, and convicted.  Since she was not even  charged it seems a little unfair to state the above as fact.
Let us hope.  I was never sure why Martha lied to investigators since she apparently had not done anything wrong.  Most of us who are not financial experts listen to our  financial adviser on whatever investments we have, as long as he/she is successful anyway, and wouldn't have a clue as to whether they are using inside information or  not.  
I think the way it is usually handicapped is for the low handicap player to play "scratch" and the higher handicap player to play to the difference between his and your course handicaps.  This seems to work pretty well if the differences in handicaps are small, but it doesn't seem to work so well when difference begin to approach 8-9 strokes.
I agree with this.  While I don't always agree with the USGA I do think such an organization is necessary or soon technology will make us all scratch golfers without the necessity to practice or have any athletic skills.
I go out single upon occasions and have met some great folks that way.  Sometimes I feel a little out of place when I get paired up with some scratch golfers playing from the tips but I just make sure I don't hold them up.  However I don't play the the tips in any case and it doesn't bother me to play shorter tees as long as I keep up.   Just an aside comment, scratch players are not always the quickest players, just sometimes.
I am ambidextrous (at golf anyway and I throw left handed and write right handed) and play right handed.  So I really don't know my "handedness" as do different things from different sides, just screwed up I guess.  But I am left eye dominant.  I tried playing left handed for a few years but just wasn't making any progress so switched over to the other side.  I seem more comfortable this way and in my hay day clubs were surely easier to procure.  So I guess I'd recommend...