or Connect

Posts by ghalfaire

I am ambidextrous (at golf anyway and I throw left handed and write right handed) and play right handed.  So I really don't know my "handedness" as do different things from different sides, just screwed up I guess.  But I am left eye dominant.  I tried playing left handed for a few years but just wasn't making any progress so switched over to the other side.  I seem more comfortable this way and in my hay day clubs were surely easier to procure.  So I guess I'd recommend...
I'm a fan of my Ping G15.   I have an old Cobra SZ that I like also but that was when Cobra was Cobra.  Not sure of the new offerings as I have not tried one yet.
What he said and as time goes on the good days get fewer.  You got to be tough to get old. 
In my case bad shots happen when I lose focus and don't follow the pre-shot routine.   Then I sometimes make a bad shot worse by picking a difficult shot to get out of trouble.
  All the terminal software and any course I have used for inputting my score I had to enter the total score for 18.  I have never seen a system that permits you to enter scores by hole.  So you have to take care of subtracting strokes needed to comply with ESC.  
Null, Nada, None.  But I have had three eagles on Par 4 holes of reasonable length, e.g. not in driver range (at least not by me).  
If you Google (oh how I hate to turn a noun into a verb but I give up) "golf statistics" you will get a lot of spread sheets and some are free.
Tiger can certainly "move the needle" for TV ratings but his Ryder Cup record isn't as outstanding as his PGA career record.  But I hope he recovers and is on the team.
First of all most golfers don't keep a handicap.  But here is the distribution of handicaps (USGA).  Looking at these data one would have to guess that average is somewhere near 13.  However since I've seen results that say most golfers can't break 100 playing by the rules I somehow suspect people who keep handicaps are the better players and don't represent golfers at large.  There are likely some marketing organizations that keep track of scores of as many golfer as they...
Nope, they are the same guys I spoke of.  The rules say 5 minutes for looking for your ball then it is a lost ball.  Etiquette (also in the rules) says that when it becomes apparent that the ball will not be easily found you should wave the group behind you through.  Don't see these guys doing that either. But Dave2512, I agree with you that a lot of players play tees not consistent with their skill level (handicap) and that doesn't help speed of play either.