or Connect

Posts by ghalfaire

I would suspect that Trump donated the course and took his normal rental fee as a tax deduction.  Although I don't know that for a fact but I have to believe most businesses "donate" some or all of their normal fees for charity events.  So I tend to agree with the upper quote that cancelling the event at the Trump course is a symbolic gesture as I doubt it hurts Trump financially.
Well the answer to the OP is clear as far as I know.  Golf has a "right" to do business with "the Donald" or not as golf sees fit.  Of course "the Donald" has a right to his opinion and to voice it and others, like golf, have a right to associate with the Trump businesses or not.  In this country you have a right to say pretty much what ever you want, not matter how stupid or incorrect it is, without fear of retribution from your Government.  But your fellow citizens also...
I am not a Medical Doctor (thought I should do some truth in advertising) but I have had some experience with "sprains and ruptured tendons". Both from personal experience and close friends and family.  Broken bones probably heal quicker and better.  Ruptured tendons take awhile to heal.  So even if they are minor tendons and you won't do yourself damage by continuing activity it very likely will be painful for some time to come and more prone to re-injury.  That's not a...
Well I have gotten up there too and am certainly a senior citizen.  But years ago I played with someone probably 25-30 years my senior and we had a beer later (on me).  He said something I have not forgotten.  That was, "son you need to learn the game is not about how far but about how many and when you do you'll be a better golfer".   Not that hitting the ball a long ways isn't fun or even advantageous if you keep it in play, but it isn't necessary or even required to be...
I believe this will turn out to be a big nothing.  What I suspect Phil did was pick up a phone and call a bookie in Vegas and make bets, which is not illegal.  But he is Phil and so it is a story but somehow I just doubt he was any part of a "money laundering scheme. But I guess time will tell.
Probably for the first time in his life, in spite of his proclamations, Tiger has lost confidence and his problems are where the game is played (the 6" between his ears).  If you don't step up to a golf ball believing you're going to hit good shot, you won't.  He doesn't need a teaching pro he need a Psychiatrist.  Taking your game from the range to the course is an old problem that most of we normal folks have suffered from at one time or another.  I guess we just keep...
I think you folks are being kind of tough on Gilberg.  He is asking an honest question about how range balls perform relative to non-range ball with regard to distance.   The answer is, in general and on average, range balls are shorter given the same launch parameters.  If you hit a real ball with your 5 iron it might go 410 feet.  Also I wonder where Gilberg got his handicap index.   I have never seen a USGA handicap index with a hundredth digit.  I would think this just...
Wow this thread has some legs so I thought I'd update what I posted a couple of years ago.   I have moved UP a tee on many of the course I plan and enjoy the game more.  A lot more fun to shoot in the high eighties that low nineties.  But I did find a day or so ago you can move too far up.  I went to a local course yesterday as a single and got paired with a threesome and they were playing the forward tees (used to be called the ladies tees).   Since I was the guest so to...
They certainly lost me as a customer.  I suspect that today they might make a decent ball for the masses.  But I am not going back as I am happy with a couple of other brands/models that I can obtain at reasonable prices.  Just no sense in trying Top Flite again that I can see.
Yes as long as i played enough holes and by the rules, e.g. not a practice round.