or Connect

Posts by ghalfaire

Yes as long as i played enough holes and by the rules, e.g. not a practice round.
Perhaps so.  I have not played with one in a long time.  When I find them I turn them in to the Pro Shop for kids to use.  
Top-Flight.  Might as well play with a spherical rock.
Solo rounds are something I do once or twice a month.   I pick a time, usually late afternoon, when I know the course isn't busy and just use the time to practice.  I use the round to do a lot of short game stuff and hitting different clubs from the same distance/lie, hitting different clubs from the tee and sometimes even different tee boxes, and putting on the course of course.  In general I use the time to just evaluate my own game and enjoy the solitude.
Well you're right that picking up broken tees and throwing them in the box next to the tee markers is good etiquette.  But I have to agree with some above that there are much more egregious transgression of good etiquette that I dislike a lot more than this one.  Ball marks on the green not repaired, divot holes not filled, and trash (especially burned cigarettes) left on the course are all more offensive to me personally.   I don't like duck/geese crap on the course...
I am open minded I believe.  So i'll watch it at least once.  Whether I watch it after that will depend on the show.
I put a dough-nut weight on my driver and take a few swings when I can't warm up.  I usually bend at the waist and touch the ground in front of my toes to loosen and stretch my legs & back out some.
Whenever I have played in these "mixed" match play events the course handicaps are assigned to individual players for the tees they are playing.  Then the difference between the two player handicaps is used to determine where strokes are given/received.  E.G. if I am playing the members' tees and have a course handicap of 17 from the members' tees and the woman competitor is playing the forward tees with a course handicap of 20 then I play to scratch and she receives 3...
Never had an ace but did make a par on a 170 yard par 3 once after the first shot took a bath in the surrounding lake.   I have also make about 4 Eagles on par 4 from the fairway.  But alas no aces.
I agree with this.  I think Chamblee is just doing his job. I don't believe he has anything against Tiger.  Let's face it Tiger is a "needle mover" and Chamblee makes a living commenting on players who are of interest to his audience.  I think he has some valid points on Tiger's career in that most of the great golfers might tweak their swings at times but  they don't go out and rebuild it from scratch. So it is different and worthy of comment and evaluation of results....