or Connect

Posts by ghalfaire

And I think you're both wrong.  For some $12 isn't a lot for others it is.  In any case a kid riding along with Dad/Mom doesn't cost the course much and might yield a lot later.  But I admit many can't tell the difference between an "investment" and an "expense".  
You're correct that just any mention of Tiger will stir the conversation.  I suspect your correct about the "making the cut" too.  I was at the Waste Management Open and followed "the man" for a few holes and he won't work his golf game out in a week I suspect.  Not enough time and too many things to work on.
I somehow doubt "the yips" is a synonym for "weak minded" although I would agree it is a problem in the brain and not a physical problem.  I don't know if Tiger has the yips or not but do know he has suffered some significant injuries and is now 39 years old and not played any competitive golf for many months prior to the Phoenix Open.  So maybe it is just a lack of confidence and he needs to play more, or maybe it is the yips and he will never be the same again.  I hope...
I would think not.  when you're young you don't need a yellow ball and the pros have a multitude of "spotters" in any case.   So when they lose a ball is is really lost and the ball being yellow won't help.  But maybe a top Champions Tour player will one day will play a high visibility ball.
Pats 21, Seahawks 24.   too close to call really and whoever's defense works better on Sunday wins.
Many of the courses around here do that.  I think it short sighted as there is some value to having a Mom or Dad take their kid with them while they golf.  How are we going to get new golfers if we don't expose the young to the game?
Wow I had not looked at this thread in a few days and I am surprised it is still so active.  Whoever said the cover up is worst than the crime is correct.  No one thinks on that Sunday the Colts could have won regardless of the pressure in the game balls.  The thing that galls me some is the NFL ought to just come clean and tell us their rule on pressure in the game ball in no way guarantees the balls will be properly inflated for play.  There are two major flaws in the...
I too like my old G15 driver.  I found it the the used club bin a few years ago for $75 but it looked like new.  Mine is a reg. flex shaft and a 9 degree loft.  Not sure it is the most accurate or longest driver I have ever owned but seems the "most comfortable" for me so have not been tempted to fork over $400 to $500 for a new one.  I probably wouldn't do that anyway I'd either wait for a sale or keep searching the used club bins.
After having read the "rule", such as it is, I believe this is correct.  If the referee says the game balls are good, then they are good. I guess I was surprised that there is not a requirement the referee measure the pressure but the way the rule is written he/she could just squeeze the balls and say "these are OK" and the rule would have been followed to the letter.  So Bilicheck is probably telling the truth when he said they followed all the rules and procedures 100%....
Quote:   Rule 2 The Ball Section 1 BALL DIMENSIONS The Ball must be a “Wilson,” hand selected, bearing the signature of the Commissioner of the League, Roger Goodell. The ball shall be made up of an inflated (12 1/2 to 13 1/2 pounds) urethane bladder enclosed in a pebble grained, leather case (natural tan color) without corrugations of any kind. It shall have the form of a prolate spheroid and the size and weight shall be: long axis, 11 to 11 1/4 inches; long...