or Connect

Posts by ghalfaire

I believe you should post them like you play them.  If it isn't 18 holes played in a continous sequence then it is 2 nine hole rounds.  I even think if you take more than a "hot dog" break at 9 it should be posted as 2 nine hole posts.  But then the rules seems less than definate on this so who knows?
 If you avatar didn't say you're in Thailand I think you were in Phoenix in the winter.  This is a natural Winter home for geese and on some courses the resulting "litter" is a real problem.  My foursome has  special rule saying you can lift clean and place on some holes this time of year.  Cleaning isn't a pleasant task but necessary. I know it is against the rules without a local rule so no comments please.  We just prefer to not play a dirty "shi''y" ball.  The geese...
I purchased a set of "clones" years ago and a couple of the heads snapped off after a year or so.  When I investigated the manufacture had put a "nick" into the graphic shafts in the process of roughing the shaft for epoxy thus creating a stress point.  Graphite is good stuff but requires some caution in use and assembly. 
good memory.  
It should be whoever (whomever?) is closest to the pin when all have taken their third shot.  Or at least that is the way we play it.
I am not a pro by any means but I had this "toe hit" problem so have some experience with it.  I did finally go to a pro and my particular issue was two fold.  First I was swaying and had difficulty getting back to the ball.   But the more sever part was I was taking the club too much to the inside and was well below the plane described in Hogan's Five Fundamentals.  This can cause you get "stuck inside" as Tiger used to say and either go "over the top" and hit the ball on...
My 2 ¢ is that, for me, the SnT swing helps keep my head still and helps me not sway (same thing I guess).  So I put a little more weigh forward and just swing pretty much as I always have.  That's the feel anyway but since I have access to a camera I can see it isn't quite true. My lead shoulder does tend to go more down as apposed to around, but it isn't something I try to do.  I also in practice mode concentrate on "staying centered" over the ball during the back swing....
There is a useful message in Law 21.  My Granddaughter gave me a plaque to hang in the den with most of these.  The're great.
Amazing how the mind works, isn't it?
I'm not superstitious but I won't putt until the hole is empty.  If you hole out before me you need take you ball out of the cup and if you don't I'll ask you to before I putt.