or Connect

Posts by ghalfaire

Depends.  But I believe golf needs a few "elite" pros that are better than the rest.  You need a Tiger and a Phil that can stir the competition.  if you have too many different winners it become less interesting to watch.  So I think we need Tiger and Phil just like we needed Jack, Arnie, & Gary.  Like any sport (game) the spectators need heroes so they will tune in.  Most of us on TST will tune in anyway but golf needs those weekend golfer with no handicap and little...
I do my best to not complain about anything golf while on the course.  It is bad for my game.  So when I hit a bad shot or get a bad bounce I just shrug it off and go chase the ball and hit it again.  if I am going to complain I complain about things other than golf, like the cost of booze at the club house.
I wouldn't give ball color a second thought.  I play with yellow balls because I can see them in flight better.  I like them and play with good balls,  NXT tour S.  Other than visibility I can't tell the difference between the white ones and yellow ones.
I thought it was great; Rory throwing his 3I into the lake.  There's hope for the lad yet. Shows he has some fire in his belly.  I suppose you can overdo this sort of thing but I like to see that these guys are playing to win and not just be another one of the millionaires who consistently places in the top 20 or so but never wins and doesn't seem to much mind not winning.    But if you overdo it the other way, never demonstrate emotion on the course,  you get Inbee Park....
You're correct.  Today's superior players are just too polished. You don't ever hear a "bad" word or see anyone slam a club on the ground or berate an official.  Regardless of their skill level they are just sort of bland most of the time in interviews and on the course,  e.g. they are uninteresting outside of the fact "these guys are really good".  To be a big star you need to be a 'personality" too.  My 2 ¢.  
I am older but you should mention John McEnroe and Jimmy Connors too.  One thing all of those players had was they were great at tennis and had personalities that stirred interest.  Like Tiger the discussion wasn't always about tennis but it did keep the interest in the sport up.  Your point is well taken however that Tiger revitalized golf as something young Americans wanted to do.  I would suspect he also stirred the interest of Europe and the world youth.   Not sure...
That's great!  Thanks for taking the time to post this.
Well I don't doubt that golf is becoming less popular, but right now, around here, just try getting a tee time at one of the many decent courses.  It is crowded this time of year and expensive.     As to equipment sales, I don't often purchase a new set of irons, maybe every 5-6 years and I always look at the used clubs first.  Same for driver, putter, hybrids, and fairway woods.  Maybe if I was a scratch golfer I would become a believer in new equipment will help.  At...
I have a set of Lynx Black Cats from when Lynx was Lynx and not GolfSmith.  I play with them about once every couple of months.  Not sure why I guess just because I like them.
Turns out I got it correct.  A bullet isn't designed to penetrate (except for those designed as armor penetration bullets).  Unlike an arrow that is designed to penetrate, a bullet is designed flatten or even break up  or even begin tumble on impact to cause damage.