or Connect

Posts by ghalfaire

I was disappointed that Michelle lost for no reason other than I was rooting for her.  But realistically she just ran into a buzz saw with Lexi.  Michelle shot one under par on the last day of a major championship, that isn't exactly choking or blowing up.  Lexi on the other hand had a hot putter and shot four under.  Since there is no defense in golf this happens to all of us including the professionals.  When your opponent is playing lights out there just isn't anything...
While I agree it isn't Golf Digest's JOB to promote the LPGA one would think it is in their best interests to do so along with promoting the game of golf in general.  I doubt the Golf Digest's audience includes many people who are not interested in golf and putting Paulina's photo on the cover has little chance of increasing the audience other than this one month.  So I'll stick with my assertion that they would have been better served to have selected one of the many...
I would think this is a personal thing and you have to try different stuff.  For me I try to do my pre-shot routine on every shot.  My routine is to one, pick a line and club two, pick an intermediate target (hopefully just a few feet in front of the ball) three,  address the ball making sure the club is square to the target line and grip is neutral (I have a terrible hook when I let my grip get strong) and ensure the ball is located at the proper place in my stance.  My...
I don't have a problem with Golf Digest & Paulina as an example of someone who is physically fit.  I do believe the magazine would have been better served to have selected an LPGA pro for the cover as there are several that  are just as fit and probably look just as good in their workout attire.  
I believe a Country Club (an equity membership) can be a good investment.  But before I joined one I'd ask a few questions other than how much are the annual dues and cost of memberships.    1. How many equity memberships are permitted and how many are available now? 2. How many special assessments have there been in the last 10 years and for how much? 3. Are there club restaurant minimums and if so how much are they? 4. What is the transfer fee when I decide to sell...
I guess folks join Country Clubs for different reasons.  When I retired I purchased a small townhouse in the mountains to avoid the summer heat (and electric bills) in the Valley of the Sun.   But there was only one public course in town and it is an executive course, nice but not what I wanted to play all the time.  So the nearest public course was about 18 miles away and while not a bad course it too was not a course I wanted to play a lot.  The next public course is...
Without question, my grandsons are my favorite partners.  However since they are both busy with other my default is an old friend I've know for many years.  You know what they say,  "you can always make new friends but you can't make any new old friends so take care of the ones you have".  
Well when I began playing many years ago I had a bad temper and did wrap a 9 iron around a poor tree that didn't do anything wrong.  It suddenly came to me that I was golfing for fun and If not enjoying it why play?  So I quit golf for about 10 years, a significant hiatus in which I never touched a club.  When I did start playing again a few years ago I had a more realistic attitude about what my goals were and why I play.  So I still get frustrated and even angry when "I...
I don't like mats very well but the thick ones are certainly better than have a 1/4" mat over concrete to hit off of.  I believe the thin mats are tough on the clubs and I just don't use ranges that use them.  I would rather not warm up than hit off concrete. 
I believe most golfers play consistent with their handicap in tournaments.  But there are some that typically play worse than their handicap because of the pressure and others, that are not sand baggers, but consistently play better than their handicap because of the pressure.  The very few sand baggers I have known were clever enough to not win tournaments by any significant number of stokes just as pool sharks don't run the table at the local pool hall.  I believe that...