or Connect

Posts by trickymicky69

what he said......   otherwise we should have bunkers like putting greens and you can use your putter in them
    After playing Doonbeg in Ireland I have had experience very similar to uttexas above.   A beautiful shot went straight in the bunker, so for me they are SHIT    They have the whole "through the green" area, so why in the hell would they want to ruin a nice green?   I agree its my fault for finding it but I think it cheapens a great design and makes it look gimmicky.   For a high handicapper, how do you aim for the middle of the green if its been bastardised with a...
i.e the 16th at Valero open    Sh1t design imo
I do agree to a certain extent.   He asked loads of questions (me being me I asked why)   What are my goals for one month, one year, three years, ten years regarding golf (so he can see how long term I am looking) How competitive am I (competitive people tend to practice harder apparently) My worst miss (so he can see where I am losing most shots on the course) My best part of my game (this was a strange one but he wanted to see if I understood that there...
i did ask him about putting a pro's swing over mine   he says I should work with what i have and not try to make it fit someone else as in a book
he followed up today with a video of my swing, a written diagnosis of what i need to improve on and a diary of what we will be doing from here on in   he also asked how many times i had practised the takeaway and I said like 100 times   he said thats fine and the 1000 was only to impress upon me the gravity of learning a proper takeaway   apparently next month I will be working on getting my club on plane at the top and hitting some balls if I can prove I...
thats what I think   I am not looking for a quick fix, just a repeatable swing
I went for my first lesson last night and had an "interview" with the pro first.   Sat me down for about half an hour and discussed good shots, misses, swing thoughts etc.   Then went onto the range and he diagnosed the following after watching me hit a few balls;   Takeaway too inside Not enough weight transfer to right side on backswing Good swing centre Lack of follow through Good grip Not great posture Good balance Minor over the top...
I am not taking it back inside, its just my old swing was very club follows the straight line back approach rather than the natural arc
I have struggled these past few weeks with a slice and have been reading some of everyones posts these past couple of days that has made me really think.   You all said that very,very,very,very few people can slice with an in to out swing so I have been really trying today to groove a more in to out swing.   Following advice that its virtually impossible to go in to out if you dont go inside on the backswing I had a more backwards, up and round...