or Connect

Posts by mdbuschsr

This is really a case of semantics. I refer to my biological father as my father and to my step-dad as my dad. I agree with the usage referred to by Koth. In the end what we, and the OP, are talking about is manning up! Barring medical issues, any adult male can produce offspring. Parenting a child requires more patience than I ever thought I had. And if you really want to impress your child admit to them when you are wrong. Make the time to spend time with your...
My tee shot on a 350-yard par four was this gigantic hook. About 180 out I hear, KNOCK!. The landing area is blind so I hit a provisional. Another hook, although not as bad. Same area, I hear knock, knock, knock, knock. Tee up one final ball, and hit a slice. You guessed it, KNOCK! Finally, I said the hell with it and drove forward to see if I could find the last ball because it was in an area I'm used to being in. As I clear the top of the hill, I see ALL THREE of...
Ditto! Had the same thing happen on a 480 par 5
Nice thread. As an adoptive parent to a 10 year old with emotion/developmental issues, fighting the first instinct is a hard thing. When we "got" our son, it was all discipline, ALL the time. But it had to be, as he had never had any discipline. Now, after almost four years, I am trying to back down a little and let him make mistakes, and be a boy. In that time we have gone from daily bad reports from school, to now, I haven't heard from his teacher since the first...
I left out the part of my post where I would like to learn more about your chipping style. At first glance, at least in my puny little head, it seems as though your method and what I am trying to do are similar. Excluding ball position, what I gathered from your post that I first quoted is exactly what I am trying to achieve. I will re watch your included video to see if I can gleen some more info. Are there any other sources of similar information?
I have been making a conscious effort to accelerate through all shots, even the shortest putts. Distance is controlled with the length of back swing. I'm not sure what was going on today other than like I said letting my brain get in the way of the shot. So perhaps I was decellerating slightly.As for hands forward... That's how I have always hit my chips. I watched Phil's short game video and have been slowly getting into to play which is the only thing I can figure...
All of my really crappy holes today (a QUAD, and 5 doubles) were the result of crummy chipping. I know, your thinking, how do you get a QUAD as a result of bad chipping. Beautiful 3-W to 20 yards... 2-inches, 6-feet, bladed over the green into the woods, stroke and distance penalty, FINALLY chip on to 3-inches, tap in. I kept letting my brain get in the way. I'm normally at least a decent shipper. In fact until today I thought I was getting down right good! For...
The heart to tell him your swing sucks? LOL
I've hit a few found NXT's and they seemed to have a distinct click off the club. The action off the club was nice enough...
I marked a batch last night, so I guess I'll see if they hold up better after two days of cure time. I doubt it will help. The marks seem to come off due to impact with my clubs. I've seen orange on all my club faces since I started marking the balls. No big deal, I'll just have to remark during the round or switch balls. Superstitions be DAMNED!!!