or Connect

Posts by steelernation

Thats cool I just played there(qtown) on the same day as that pathetic display of coaching by the Steelers (sans Dick).  I played the front nine lake and back nine river.  Loved it.  Although the 10 on River is all I recall.    My best scramble for a par involves 2 seperate occasions on par 4's, both drives went hazard and then I was able to chip or putt in for par after a re=tee. 
well i played yesterday and hit nothing but hooks after the 1st hole. Hooks alll damn day. Yea I need work on one thing, driving. I forward press my irons, but nothing like this. For instance on 2 different par 5's, I was 100 yards off the tee and finished the hole with a 6 foot par attempt on both. Both were uphill 520-40 yrd par 5's. Sadly in that video, i hit one slight hook and 10 well hit balls. I got some work to do.
regarding the backspin,,,i have no idea. I guess you had to be there, its happened more than once. The ball leaves low and just cruises at the same elevation for over 100 yards, then rolls out at least 50 more. Maybe 200 was a little much, but the distance overall was 250 on moist fairway in 45degrees. Could have been 180 190? The cat post was funny as hell, yea I get those reactions. Notice the first club, tees were set 3.5 inches high, people get freaked out...
charging the camera,,,it has video. I will tee up 14 shag balls in a line and hit 7 w new driver 7 w old driver...so no editing will be needed. maybe an hour cuz turkey time in 1:20 its done and loading....the wife said its uglier on video than in person. here is the video...yes ive heard it all before
I go in cycles...for 2 months i didnt pick up a club I have played 5 times in the past 3 weeks. tomm will be 6x and sunday 7times. Im a binge golfer When my business is "busy" i dont play unless its a scramble or tourney for business. I also coach my kids teams so those are times i dont play
Maybe my wifes digital camera has a video option...I will do that today since its raining on the EC....ill use the 2 diff drivers and hit 10 shag balls across this field...
i swing too fast for anything softer than the x...also, as a note. This is a borethrough head so its slightly stiffer im told. I played the club for 6 holes on Saturday after the shaft was switched and hit one ball 180 yards carry...get this ...the elevation never exceeded 5 feet. My dad says it never got over 3 feet I landed in the fairway and rolled another 60 yards. I still have not figured out the directional tendencies of this driver yet. With my other club I...
well I played a round today....14 holes were teed off with the new freak club..... as a note...I hit about 12 balls at the range and with a crosswind of 15mph i was carrying 260 270. traj was high but it didnt appear to balloon.....45 degrees today,,mushy fairways On the first hole, i pushed one right carried 240 high traj 2nd drive hole hit a solid mid traj. down the middle about 280 (carry was unknwn) 4th hole hit off the heel and lined a low drive 220...
awesome question...having started 3 years ago, I find it a respectable task to achieve. Its the one sad aspect of a golfers dream to become a tour pro. UNless your Ricky Fowler dont get involved too much with women that dont understand golf.
got the club today. for kicks i went to golfsmith and made some swings with the R flex shaft... the results were acceptable in my eyes. Swing speed were 115ish. The carry's were 270 up to maybe 280. The shaft is 2 inches shorter than I usually play and R flex,,,, I have no idea what will happen when they swap the R with the X flex and the x flex is an inch longer at least. The launch angles were 12 to 14 with the 15 degree head. I couldnt get a spin number,...