or Connect

Posts by melchior

Originally Posted by melchior  Course Name: Pierz Municipal GC Course Website:  Course Style: Hilly, open or wooded depending on hole   Regular Tee Yardage / Rating / Slope:  3018 / 34.6 / 110 Regular Tee Average Score: 96   Forward Tee Yardage / Rating / Slope: 2395 / 31.9 / 104 Forward Tee Predicted Score (Aggressive Round): 87 Forward Tee Predicted Score (Conservative Round): 83     Quick note: I haven't gotten to the conservative round...
Basically this for me as well.  I either find I'm a little long for the distance or a little short.  Almost exclusively due to the course that I play at, the hole is either too long for this as an approach shot or too short to really take advantage of it.  I'll use it on 1 hole depending on where the tees are that day (really long tee box) and that's about it.
I was (am) in the same boat, I couldn't figure out long shafted clubs for the life of me.  Even my hybrid occasionally gave me fits.   Two things that helped, absolutely keep your head 100% still.  The added length of the club makes it harder to hit it on the clubface where you need to hit it so that should help with the poor contact.   As to the slices, one swing thought is kinda making me hit it better: keep my left knee (the forward one, I'm a righty) bent as...
Course Name: Pierz Municipal GC Course Website:  Course Style: Hilly, open or wooded depending on hole   Regular Tee Yardage / Rating / Slope:  3018 / 34.6 / 110 Regular Tee Average Score: 96   Forward Tee Yardage / Rating / Slope: 2395 / 31.9 / 104 Forward Tee Predicted Score (Aggressive Round): 87 Forward Tee Predicted Score (Conservative Round): 83
Total beginner friend of mine was putting on a green just trying to hurry up so we could clear the green for the group that was pushing us from behind.  As neither of us are very good, it's completely friendly and we're rushing.  That being said, he putts and his ball comes to me about 25' past the hole going uphill, I just decide that I want to stop it so I put my putter down and deflect it towards the hole.  It was as though I read the green perfectly, it came back...
The only thing that I'd say you shouldn't do if you're planning on switching swings is to avoid any specifically offset clubs ("Draw" drivers come to mind). Since they're built to "fix" a swing flaw; and as you improve you'll have less and less flaws the band-aid fix for now will only hinder you later on. Unfortunately I did this by picking up a G15 Draw driver, and now I have to deal with it but I've let other people that aren't SnT'ers try out my club and they hit it...
One tip from the SnT book: place an empty soda can under your left foot, and try to crush it during your downswing. You won't if you don't shift your weight forward enough.
Best I've done was a Birdie-Par-Birdie...
My Ping G15 is amazing; I'd experiment with that line as well, since the new K15 line is replacing their Rapture for a SGI driver.
I was fitted for a driver before switching to SnT (mistake, but have to deal with it); and I don't have that much of a problem with it. My driver SS is about 95-100 and on my really good pokes it does go ~265-270. The thing is the extra shaft length and widened stance that's "prescribed" for the SnT driver swing shallow it out a lot; typically reducing the downward angle that you hit the ball at. (For reference, I use a 10.5 Ping G15 driver with stock R-flex...