or Connect

Posts by newtogolf

That's exactly what I did. 
While DIcks may have a stated objective to reduce their golf offerings I just visited their newest store on Long Island and was pretty surprised at 1) How much space they had dedicated to golf 2) That the space they did dedicate was in a prime location (front right of the store).  They had plenty of TM and Callaway equipment (no lefty) and decent selection of shoes and apparel. I doubt they manufacture golf balls themselves and probably make decent margins on Maxfli and...
I think it reads worse than Dufner intended it.  Dufner took a break from all things golf and pursued other interests.   Before I owned my own business I'd take vacations from my job and not call in or check e-mail so that I could detach from the job, I think Dufner tried to do the same thing which I think is good for anyone's mental health to help avoid burnout.
I forgot about the guy who said it was a perfect 3/4 swing for him at 134.  Unless you play a limited club selection challenge why would you even know what the perfect distance for your 3/4 swing 8i is?   Even more ridiculous is that he thought he could pull it off under the pressure of Big Break. Flop wall circle seemed to be at an awkward distance, I think it was a tougher shot than they might have thought.
Median is about 113.5.  Highest average belongs to Bubba Watson - 123.7, Tim Clark has the slowest, 103.48
Guys like David Toms, Tim Clark, Ben Crane, Justin Leonard, Brian Gay and Mike Weir are on the Tour and have average club head speeds from 103mph - 106mph, that's why I used 105 mph.
They had different formations but not close to what they have today.  As for substitutions it was minimal except to give players a breather or for injury.  Teams back then had short yardage personnel and "hail mary" personnel but for the most part the starters played a very high percentage of the plays and didn't swap in and out like they do today.
I've heard Dungy discuss Manning and overall I think we're saying the same thing but differ in how we perceive the number of options he had to choose from.  If the OC sends in 5 WR's he's not calling a draw play or an off tackle run.  The personnel they send in limits his play calling options and formations whereas Bradshaw almost always had the same personnel on the field so he had the entire playbook to choose from.
I don't consider you a fanboy but other sites tend to give guys a hard time if they only play clubs from one manufacturer, often using terms like poser or fanboy if they do. Their belief is only pro's with endorsement deals should limit their bags to one manufacturer.  I think you should play the clubs you like and play best regardless of who's name is on them. You'll really get into trouble if you buy a Titleist Staff Bag
  My understanding is;  In Bradshaws day, they had the entire playbook at their disposal and called the play in the huddle on their own.  In most cases offenses were pretty simple and except for injury or short yardage the players didn't swap in and out like they do today.  Swann, Stallworth, Blier and Harris were out there for almost every play and they didn't have the number of formations that they do today, most teams didn't even use the shotgun. Today, Manning is given...