or Connect

Posts by newtogolf

That's a great article, thanks for pointing it out.
Rather than this devolving into another Jack versus Tiger discussion I think it would be more interesting to try to analyze the quality of the fields themselves and the impact technology has had in terms of parity.
I agree 100%, but non-pro's seem to think if it works for the pro's it will work for them.  I see guys taking practice swing all the time just because they think that's what they are supposed to do.  I see guys lining up parallel and perpendicular to the hole on greens and taking practice putts only to blow it past the hole or leave it 20' short.  They stand over their ball looking at their GPS, throwing grass in the air agonizing over which club to select. Many non-pro...
Until we see the PGA Tour penalize players for slow play it's lip service and I'm tired of the double standard.  If you want non-pro's to play fast use the pro's as an example of what proper pace of play is.
If you use words like poppycock and fuddy duddy you are a fuddy duddy. 
We can agree to disagree.  You often point out that anecdotal evidence is not fact, so you have your experiences and I have mine. If I go to the bowling alley, I want to bowl properly, not with bumpers that artificially inflates my scores to makes me feel better.  When I golf, I want the challenge of improving by playing the actual sport, not playing 15" holes so I can score 10 shots lower. Kids learn to play baseball by starting to play catch in their backyard.  They...
Quote:I wasn't critiquing the stats, I'd be pretty happy with the score and 6 GIR.  I just pointed out that if the score frustrates him he should look deeper to find out where he struggled and why.
We could also let them throw the ball instead of hitting it with a club.   Softball is a derivative of baseball that was developed for women and then expanded to men who no longer could or wished to play traditional baseball.  People playing I don't think being a good slow pitch softball player helps prepare anyone to hit a fast pitch curve ball in baseball.  Softball is softball, baseball is baseball, I'm not sure softball is considered a gateway sport to baseball. This...
Score is a measure of the quality of your; golf swing, putting ability, course management, performance under pressure and a few other variables.   You don't seem to track the statistics of your game in enough detail to understand why you don't score to your expectations.  In your last round, you hit; 2 Penalty Shots - what were the circumstances? Were they incurred off the tee or 2nd or 3rd shots. 35 putts isn't that bad given your other stats, average 1.9 putts.  How...
The remaining girls are not very good golfers or blackjack players.  I don't understand the through process of hitting two shots and acting afterwards if you didn't reach 21 but have no intentions of taking another shot.  If it was me, I'd take another shot at anything less than 19.  If I hit 19 or 20, I'd act like I had hit 21 and walk off since by standing there you're telling your opponent you didn't hit 21.   What I like about reality shows is the social dynamics. ...