or Connect

Posts by bwdial

"Hit up on the ball with your irons to get it up in the air."
 Sam Snead would've probably liked to have seen the U.S. Open lose major status and be replaced by the Greater Greensboro Open.
 My thoughts exactly.  Hagler, Hearns, Leonard, Duran.  Those are fighters that would have cut off the ring and forced Mayweather to actually fight.  He thinks he's the greatest off all time, but he's not even the greatest welterweight of all time.
First holed out from a bunker many years ago.  Had a hole in one about five years ago, and that is my only eagle to date.
I do that.My hands are still different colors.  I think it has something to do with how bad I suck.  I have to play a lot of shots. :-)
  Above is the posted fee structure for a semi-private club here in the metro Atlanta area.  I was in a conversation the other day with a couple of guys, and one of them said that this particular club was running a deal where they are waiving the initiation fee altogether and signing people up for $30 a month.  That allows you to play several courses in the area as well, and pay only for the cart.  Sadly, this seems to fall in line with what you are saying.
I really chuckled at the "environmental" concern raised because of development.  If only they were as concerned about the fact that China burns more coal than the rest of the world combined.
Funny you said this.  I was at the Greater Gwinnett Championship yesterday, and Monty got onto one of the marshals for being where he could see him during his backswing.  He wasn't as rude as you described about it, but I thought it was sort of uncalled for.  The guy was just standing there with his "Hush Y'all" sign up.  It wasn't like he was waving it around.
3 Hybrid 7 Iron 8 Iron 9 Iron Pitching Wedge Gap Wedge 56 Degree Wedge Putter   Well over half the bag.
I remember Couples was the subject of an instructional article about his "loop lob" in Golf Magazine in probably 1993 or 1994.  It was an exaggerated outside path on the backswing that forced an inside path on the way down.  I used the pattern for a while with a bit of success until my brain got in the way.