or Connect

Posts by bwdial

Being 6' 5" makes you all seem like a bunch of midgets to me!
  This.   I used to be really plagued by fat and thin shots because of a pronounced sway in my backswing, but since going SnT, it doesn't happen as much.  It still does when I don't get my hips forward, but I'm working that out.
  I think he's in the military, so he's probably going to be stationed at MacDill.  As a native Tampan (24 of us makes a box) there are a ton of options golf wise, because of the proximity to Pinellas County as well.  And, if you are military, MacDill's course is pretty nice.  I knew a guy in the Air Force and I got to play with him a couple of decades ago, and I was pretty impressed.  As someone else pointed out, if you've got the cojones to play in the dead heat of...
It was my 60° wedge, but that has been pulled.  
Phoenix in July is any score above 100. The Sahara in July is any score above 125. Room temperature on the front means you'll probably be better off to stop counting strokes on the back.  
  I know.  The point I was trying to make was that someone could literally pick up a golf club for the first time and be a PGA professional in only a few years. 
A buddy of mine started playing golf in the mid-nineties and before Y2K he was a PGA professional, so yeah, it can be done.  
  For the high handicapper, the long game is definitely the place that needs the most practice.  Turning three strokes into two isn't really as important when you've already burned five or six on your way to the green.  If you top your drive to the ladies tee, chunk your three wood into the fairway, smother-top your hybrid into the woods, hack your fourth into the fairway and still have 150 left to the front edge, your short game isn't really going to bail you out. ...
I bet Tiger provided the "entertainment".  
Shot a disappointing 91 on a very disappointing course... see the "Worst Courses Played" thread for pictures of the horrific greens.  Shot 42 on the "front" (Par 34/5510/65.6/117) nine but then blew up with a 49 on the back.  I've been fighting a cold all week, so I think I got a little weak as the round went on.  I had two doubles on the front, but had four... along with an ugly triple to start the back.  On the 360 yard par four 14th I wasted two fantastic drives. ...