or Connect

Posts by bwdial

Big boy drinking pants.
  Much as the rest of this thread, this has now changed.  Total wins... yes.  Major wins, Rory is now ahead of Tiger based on age.
  This is exactly what I'm thinking every time I see him airmail an approach shot over the green.  I heard someone mention that on the range everything seems to be fine and dialed in, but on the course it's not.  That makes me think that it's something mental.   It's not just his putting.  He's putting too much pressure on his putting because he's missing greens with clubs that he used to stick close.  Missed eight footers for birdie don't resonate nearly as much as...
Big M Country Club in Calera, Alabama.  Back in 2001, I was traveling on business with my boss and we were driving up through the center of Alabama.  We stopped at Capitol Hill in Montgomery, but he was too cheap to play there.  We kept driving and found this place.  It is literally a cow pasture bordering woods.  Read all about it here: http://www.nighthawkpublications.com/journal/journal005.htm   A shot in the fairway was no guarantee that you would find your...
It also doesn't help that Omega - not Rolex - is the official timekeeper and they have a single, crappy ad.  
  How about May and Walsh?  Three gold medals in three games, and only one dropped set.    Heiden has to be on any list simply based on what Boogielicious posted.  What goes for Emil goes for Bolt as well.
Well, Usain Bolt has rendered this discussion moot by not just declaring himself the greatest Olympian, but the greatest athlete of all time.  
  Wow.  I never knew that Dufner was the frontman for Smashmouth!   Learn something new everyday.
I think another thing that hurts the PGA Championship is the underwhelming list of champions over the years.  I know the others have had their Mizes, Curtises and Janzens, but the PGA gained a reputation for one or two shot wonders winning a long time ago and hasn't been able to shake it.
Here's your plan: Get a USGA handicap of 0.0 or better. Qualify for the U.S. Amateur or U.S. Public Links Championship. Win U.S. Amateur or U.S. Public Links Championship. Get Masters invitation. Make cut at Masters. Win Masters. Use status from Masters win to become a PGA Tour professional. Win a lot of tournaments on the PGA Tour to get highly ranked. Book tickets to Rio. Don't have too much sex in the Olympic Village to sap...