or Connect

Posts by BostonSully

Yes it is 7 par3's and 2 par4's. Most par 3's are in the 150 range with one about 90 and two about 200 the par 4's are both 270 a piece but the fairway is as tight as most the 3's. The double bogey was a drive that went into the woods and required me to chip out then get up and down but I missed the green from about 40ish yards on the first par4.   Handicap is a 9 hole handicap from a weekly 9hole league at a full length course.
  Honestly, divot duty is something we assign to the retards who cant handle simple tasks like raking sandtraps and operating some basic machinery. My boss and former pro/professional greenskeeper has absolutely nothing wrong with people playing 2 sometimes 3 balls on our course. Most of them keep pace with 2somes and 4somes infront of them and we dont consider each divot they take as insulting our hard work.   This guy is blowing hot air and I have no idea who he may...
Sigh...   Worked on a course for years I've seen quite a bit.   1) Two old ladies drove a cart right into a brook. Literally its the only brook on the members only course and they both knew damn well exactly where it was. They both climb out un-harmed and walk right up to my friend and I who saw the disaster and demand we remove said cart from the brook. Laughing hysterically, we met with their demands and called the pro to report the damage.   2) Driving...
Hey guys,   At about a 24hcp all of a sudden yesterday I shot 3 over on 9 holes it was an executive course with par 29, but no bull-shit I swear. Not really sure how I should handle this as its probably the best round I've had/will ever have.   I played with an older gent I know who told me to try chipping with a 9 iron as he saw my first couple practice shots flubbed with a sw on the practice green. Also to keep it "low and slow" on the backswing, those two...
I'd say have a pitching wedge and sandwedge. The 60* is more of a specialty club imo and you can pretty much do everything you can with a LW with a SW. If you are very new the LW is not necessary and adjusting for it might just be worse than learning to play one club better.
  God, I really hope the capitals dont win. Not because I dont like OVI, I do. I cannot stand Dale Hunter, disgrace. That and the style of game they play is awful it made that 1st round the most boring 7 game series I have almost ever seen,   No forcheck, no pressure in the neutral zone just simply corwding 4 players infront of holtby and praying to win games 1-0. Yeah great hockey. Go FLYERS the only team lef tthat still at least tries to play offense.
    Honestly I have the opposite problem as you do. At around a 22-24ish HCP I can cream the ball with my driver. I've clocked a few over 300 this year and probably average around 270 or so. But when I drive a ball on a 350 par4 and I have less than 100 to go I still can struggle to get the Pars.   I really wouldn't worry about distance, i've always been a big athletic hockey player so for me distance came first and I'm trying to work out control. I think that if I had...
Congrats Man!   I just joined the club. I played my first real round of golf IE not with my hacker friends last week. I played with a 7hcp, 15hcp and 25hcp.   When we walked up onto the first tee box there was probably about 15-20 people watching us and the other three guys state their handicap for scoring and ask me what mine is. I say I have no idea so they just give me an 18 for a stroke a hole. I was pretty nervous and then the 7hcp boosts one about 290...
      Script errors visible on that page. DO NOT! Give them card information
Ive resisted the troll bait till now. But his was fantaztic I especially love how humble and modest the  OP was in describing his exceptional golf game. I wonder what he thinks of the I 3 Irons?