or Connect

Posts by mihi4

No. Since it's no club, it doesn't count as one...   greetings michi  
which would be a breach of the rules   To the OP, you buddy is right. Even more so, he's not allowed to do it, he MUST do it, according to the rules!   see 25-3b:   25-3. Wrong Putting Green a. Interference Interference by a wrong putting green occurs when a ball is on the wrong putting green. Interference to a player’s stance or the area of his intended swing is not, of itself, interference under this Rule. b. Relief If a player’s ball lies on a wrong putting green, he...
That's why the USGA and R&A are testing the COR in the lab and not with a player. The same could be done with a swing robot and a trackman. You wouldn't even have to leave the lab for this, the robot hitting into a net with a standardize club using trackman like in fitting centers would be enough. That would be standardized and repeatable - just what is needed for an scientific experiment.
IIRC, tennis had that same problem some years ago. Too much service speed, unreturnable. They didn't try to change the rackets - as a lot of people say, the industry would go havoc - but they changed the size of the balls! Bigger ball - slower speed. Now, it's really fun again to watch the best players in the world, although rackets and athleticism of the players have improved! Still, good servers get their advantage!   I think, the best way to get old...
My wife and I started golf together (she then was my girlfriend). Since then we nearly played together most of the time, it was a chance spending time together and having fun (outside the bedroom ;)). We often played matchplay against each other, and more than once I lost fair and square.   Our newborn is now 8 weeks old, and my wife gave up her club membership for this year, since she won't be able to golf much. Since I plan to spend much time with my girls, I...
My wife and I will sometimes play a round, where you have to tell you playing partner before every shot, what you are up to, and what you are thinking.   i.e. "It's 64yds to the pin with a lot of green to work with, the wind is blowing right to left. The ball doesn't lie perfectly, so I'll rather chip it up with a i7 than trying to fly it with the LW, risking a thin shot over the green. I want the ball to travel just about 10-12 yds and then roll up to the green...
I keep the following stats on my scorecard (using free columns):   total shots (of course)   fairway hit:  - "x" when hit and at least 80% of my regular distance  - L/R for miss left/right, o if completely OOB   number of penalty shots   shortgame shots (if inside 50yds):  - "c" for chip  - "p" for pitch shot  - "b" for bunker shot   putting:  - number of putts  - initial putting length  - if missed, where and how     -  length...
aaaand it makes a great headcover holder :)   (at 1:55)   I use them too, and it's true, it really helps :D   greetings michi
Thx Eric, great post!   My range sessions usually go this way (TGM terms used): I spend at least 30-40 minutes doing only Basic and Aquired Motion, concentrating on the impact zone. That's also some sort of warmup to me. After that 15-20 minutes go into release variations (horizontal, angled, vertical), still doing it on Basic and Aquired Motion swings. After some rest, and according how things worked out before, I'm concentrating on longer swings (still no...
  Greens In Regulation (GIR) 28,0%     Putts per Round 34,0   Fairwayhits 52,3%     Putts per...