or Connect

Posts by redranger

I play the 710 AP2's and really loved how they felt when I compared them to the R9 TP and Nike split-cavity irons. I would say they feel a bit heavier towards the sole than most irons but that's what I love about them. They feel so smooth when you hit them clean and real workable. For $400, that's a great deal. I would even consider it at $500 
I had my 4 iron in my bag until I got a 3 wood. I can hit my 3/4 iron fine, but I just figured I never really needed it. I have a lot times where I have to hit 5 iron or 3 iron. I keep my 3 iron for tight par 4s or long par 3's. I took my 4 iron out at the beginning of this season and I've never missed it. Also, I play at a bunch of different courses so it's not like I'm playing the same course over and over where the yardages are the same.
I started hitting golf balls when I was 7. I think I started to go play on the course when I was like 9 or so. My parents loved to play and made me go play on the course. I hated to go out and play because I couldn't replicate my shots on the range to the course. Therefore I hate golf and only played in high school because my parents wanted me to.   If I could do it all over again, I'd tell myself that it's just a game and not to get too frustrated. I don't know if...
I don't know exactly where, but I read that chewing up the cover a bit doesn't really affect the performance of the ball. In fact I played a 2 day tournament where I used the same Pro V1x and chewed that thing up and saw no decreased spin or distance. 
I had a pretty similar problem, low hooks, but I had some nasty hooks/pulls.    I would suggest trying to slice or fade it at the range. Make it feel like you're swinging away from the ball and see if you can slice/fade the ball. It is most likely a swing path that is too inside out. Also, trying to fade/slice will help you keep your hands from turning over too fast since you have to hold the face open as in come outside in on it.    This is what worked for me,...
thank you. and my apologies, i thought today was easter...i guess i was talking about easter weekend...
I definitely meant the coming weekend, not this easter weekend. What kind of sites are we talking about? Thanks
Hi Everyone.   I'm in OC for 2 weeks for work and I was wondering if anyone had any suggestions for golf this weekend. I've been looking at the twilight rate at Tustin Ranch, and from the reviews, it sounds pretty reasonable. Does anyone know if it would be easy to get on as a single that day and what the pace of play is like there?    Also, if anyone has any suggestions for other courses it would be much appreciated. I don't really want to spend more than $100...
Paiute - Snow Mountain course is great. I played Silverstone as well and thought it wasn't too bad. 
I play at Harbour Pointe all the time. It's on a natural wetland type of terrain so their drainage in the winter in terrible. Great course in the spring and summer. I noticed they put those pebbles (mainly on the 1st hole) a few months back. I'm pretty sure this is a temporary fix.    It's funny that you mention this because I was thinking the same thing and I also have a set of AP2's. I just hit them off the fairway and I didn't notice any marks on my irons...