or Connect

Posts by RichWW2

Final hole of a golf scramble I played on Saturday.  About 225 yards out after our tee shot on a Par 5.  Hit a perfect fading 3 iron that landed just short the green.  It took one big hop onto the green then rolled to 6 inches from the cup.  Gotta love tap-in eagles. 
Picture of ex-wife maybe?
Just use your brain. If it looks like nobody else is around or could've possibly hit it there from where the groups around you are, then feel free to take it. If there's even a tiny chance that someone from the group on the box two holes over could have hit it there, then just leave it.  It's only a golf ball after all. Recap of an actual conversation I've had with someone who drove into the fairway of the hole I was on and picked up my ball from smack dab in the...
Apparently trying to blame Tiger for a bad shot and trying to make him look like the bad guy didn't garner enough sympathy for Sergio's liking.  Maybe making a borderline racist comment will work...
If I was Star Wars guy I'd hustle people all day long.  No way anyone would expect him to be any good. Easy money.
Took lessons about 15 years ago when I was first learning the game for a year or two.  Then had pretty decent coaching when I played on my high school team.  I would love to get some lessons now if I could find the right teacher (someone who will help me fine tune whatever mess of a swing I have, not try to change it completely) but I just don't have the time or the money to invest in lessons/range/playing every week for it to actually be worth it.  I still manage to...
That's one thing that has turned me off of TW games for awhile.  Unless they've changed things recently, they're just too easy.   There's just no way to replicate how incredibly hard it is to swing the golf club and make sweet spot contact every time.  I get that it's a video game and nobody wants to put up 100+ in a video game, but it gets boring really fast posting scores in the low 50's at any of the US Open courses or Augusta because that's not even close to real...
Ah the perks I get from being left handed and 6"4'.  If someone asks to use my clubs it's either "Sorry I'm left handed", which gets rid of most people, or "My clubs are custom fit to me (+1.5" length) and I don't think they'd work very well for you".  In all honesty though, even if I was right handed and average height with off the rack clubs, I STILL wouldn't let anyone touch them because (*cue best Gollum impression*) they're my precious. My annoying golfer is...
Not sure if Dayton, Ohio qualifies as northern climate, but it's been cold and rainy here for two weeks.  40 degrees and very windy (felt like ~28) today and I sucked it up today and went to the range. The sun was out so that helped a little. I just couldn't take it anymore, I HAD to hit some golfballs.  Was striking the ball pretty solid today so that helped it seem not quite as cold.
Usually I take a week or two off when it's really bad.  Then hit the range and start by chipping the ball and making solid contact and getting a good rhythm.  Once I feel a good rhythm I'm able to relax some and get out of my head then I'm able to hit a lot better.