or Connect

Posts by RichWW2

I completely understand why they don't let people drive it, but if I'm playing $185, you better believe I'm taking it for a spin when the pilot is taking a bathroom break or something.
Forgot to put on here I played Windy Knoll in Springfield last Saturday.  Shot an 87.  Course was in really good shape.  Got rain off and on all day and so that made it interesting as I've only ever played there a time or two before.  Was wayyyy off with a few distances.  Only real complaint has nothing to do with the course itself.   Whomever they had making the food at the turn took forever (~20 minutes) to get everyone's order and it caused a backup of groups on the...
   While I haven't hit myself (yet) I've had to dodge a few coming back at me off trees and rocks and such.
So how exactly does one hit themselves in the mouth with a golf ball?  Did it hit off a tree and come back or....?
 I also look forward to checking my email one day this summer and grumbling how the lottery is rigged, rigged I tell ya!,  because I haven't won tickets yet.
 I could play anytime before noon on Sunday.   LexisNexis league.  They tee off between 430 and 5ish I think.  Just subbed last night so I don't know when I'll get back out with them. Shot a 41.  Went +5 on the first three holes. Doubled both the par 3's thanks to terrible tee shots.  Hadn't played there in awhile so I was short a club on the uphill 11th hole and I was a club long on the downhill 12th.  Played par the last 6 holes so that made the evening much better after...
Played 9 holes at community tonight as a sub for a work league. Played the back 9 on the hills course. The course seemed pretty decently maintained. Didnt really notice anything other than bunkers were mostly full of water and looked like more mud and dirt than sand. Seems like most of the courses around here I play have pretty terrible bunker conditions. The greens were lightning quick. Made putting quite an adventure if you were above the hole. Also, I like to think...
 I'm definitely looking into the value buys/older options.  Mainly because I don't have $1000+ to spend on new clubs, so a couple seasons old is great. Just reading out them, the Nike VR Forged Pro Combo irons seem very similar to the CCI's I'm playing now, so I will take a serious look into those.  Actually just tried some AP2s at a Titleist demo day last week and seemed to be hitting those very well.  Not sure if I was hitting the sweet spot or they just have a little...
 Having a 3-iron isn't the most important thing in the world, just for some reason never liked the hybrids. I wasn't sure if it'd be easier trying to find out about a few sets before going to a store or just going in cold.  I wanted to some idea what I was looking for before I went to the store so they wouldn't try and upsell me to whatever the newest (and probably most expensive) sets are.  So I figured I'd ask here first.  I've seen a few pro combo sets that might be...
First a little background before I get into the questions.  Now that I'm actually practicing and playing a lot more than years past, my game is getting (somewhat?) better and I've been thinking about getting into some local tournaments eventually.  Don't really have any aspirations to win, but I always had fun playing competitive golf in high school, so why not?  Unfortunately the Nike CCI irons I have don't comply with the 2010 groove rule , so before I can start playing...