or Connect

Posts by Unforgiven93

That's true... I've never thought about it that way. It should make me comfortable that I'm playing well. I'll try that next time. I'm thinking about playing super easy tees just to get used to being under par, but I have a pro (ish) event next week that will be on a long and difficult course so I don't want to come in unprepared for that... Maybe after it I will.
Went from 0.7 to +0.9 in this last revision... Playing really well the last couple weeks. Trying to play smarter and it is paying off. I need to stop getting nervous when I get under par.... -2 through 15 my last round and shot even, -1 through 15 the round before that and shot +3. I don't know why I'm choking so much recently.
Had a pretty big 4 day amateur tourney a few days ago on a 75.8/149 course... I was pretty satisfied with how I scored but I ended up getting 30th.  I felt like I did better than that.    In round 2 I started on 10, so you can see I choked at the end of the day on 7-8-9, round 4 I started on 1, and choked after my eagle on 14.  I don't normally do that... I'm not sure what happened. I could have been so much lower if I had just kept it together.    
See here's the problem.... The putter is so ugly. And it is old and beaten up on top of that (my dad thought to solve some weird internal vibration in the head he needed to take a hammer to it....it still buzzes at impact ) the face is all dinged up and everything. But you're right... I do putt very well with it for some unknown reason. In the 72 hole tourney I just played I felt like one putt came off the face weird, that's it. I had 4 three putts, three of which...
I just won some club house credit from a pretty big amateur event. I used my dad's old Rife 2 Bar mallet with a completely dissolved grip. I would really like to get a new putter, but how can I know I putt well with it before buying? It seems almost impossible. I know Edel putters with fittings are all the rage on here, but I'm not willing to spend that much and I wouldn't be able to use my club house credit on it either. I'm just clueless on how I'm supposed to...
So I decided to just jump in and try to do this because... I wanted to. So first I tried to cut out the insert with various sharp objects. Clearly my sharp objects were not sharp enough, because that didn't work at all. So then I went home and tried heating up the knives with a pen torch to melt through the insert... That didn't work either. So finally I just decided to go for it, and I used the pen torch to melt out the insert. So as you can see, the torch screwed...
You can see them on the top edge right there. They are on the metal. I actually have fully removed the plastic insert at this point, replacing it with brass.
Specifically the #7? Or what type of paint/enamel they use? I have a few chips on my putter. My sister is an art conservationist and she needs to know either what metal it is or what enamel they use to best repair the damage. Thanks
I actually used to do this for long putts all the time. I always still looked at the ball on short putts. I don't remember where I heard it, but the "basketball players dont look at the ball when they shoot, they look at the target" thing is what made me try it. Currently I still do this when practicing for longer putts. I step up to the ball and get a good setup, look at the hole, and hit it before I even have time to think about speed and how hard to hit it. It...
Tourney this last weekend shot 77-76 on a 71.5/135 course... Very easy course. Got third, two guys beat me by one shot. I had 34 and 35 putts respectively each round, hit 12 greens both rounds. Honestly, the scores weren't great for such an easy course, but I'm usually terrible in the spring, so I'm pretty encouraged. I hit my new SLDR better the first day than I have ever hit a driver in my life. Hit the ball phenomenally well in the first round and just okay the...