or Connect

Posts by Unforgiven93

So for one of the bigger tournaments I played in this summer, I kept track of what caused bad scores.  It is written poorly, but in general each comma separated item is a different day... I shot +9 over 4 days in this tournament.  It was played 7349 yards, 75.8/149, but I don't think it played anywhere near that course rating.      #1 Par 5 552 yards, played the hole  -1 - hooked drive x2, bad punch shot, bad chip #2 Par 4 425 yards, played the hole +2 - missed 4 footer,...
I want Turbulators to help me drive it long with the PING G30 Driver!   I predict that the BLUE (East Coast) TEAM will win the 2015 Newport Cup by a score of 30.5 to 23.5. The MVP will be @jamo with 10 points won.  
I rock Darth Vader on my SLDR.  He strikes fear into my opponents.   I hum the Vader theme song as I pull out the driver to smash the ball 415 on average (It's the internet so I have to add like 130 yards to my average drive, right?)
I'm going to join in on this conversation.   In order of importance, IMO:   1. Talent 2. Work ethic/drive to be the best 3. Money   Absolutely some people have more natural talent than others, in all aspects of life, not just golf.  I'm not sure how anyone could dispute that.  Everyone is different, if you had two identical people who had never played golf before hit 100 balls a day on the range with the same swing coach for a year, they would never end up with the...
I have always played to my competition, so if I go play on a mini tour and get my butt kicked for the first few months, which I will, I think I would adjust and learn to play with them quickly.   I'm in the process of talking to my dad, and he has always been incredibly supportive about my golf game. Not to mention he's the one that taught me 99% of what I know about golf. You're not twisting my arm at all, just giving advice!    The company I'm interning at right now...
Yeah, I don't expect to be tour (mini tour) ready at all when I get there. But I think I can get there with hard work for a few months. I'm just mostly concerned with the fact that I'm a very consistent "good" player, and not one of the streaky good players who goes super low every now and then. That is what it takes to win tournaments in my opinion. But, if I can get to a place where my "very consistent 'good'" play is about 2 or 3 strokes better than currently, I'll...
These are my summer results from tournaments.  10 tournament rounds, average yardage 6961, average course rating 73.94, average slope 142.8.   Tourney finishes: 1st (even par 144), 3rd (-3 69), T19 (+3, 75), T30 (+9, 73-77-73-74), and a MC.       par 3 par 4 par5 total score holes...
Dan, I did a similar thing one time.... Almost hit a girl at my high school like 5 years ago. I'm just going to go with worst hole, instead of shot. 560 yard par 5. I topped a tee shot into a pond. Re tee. Hit it in some bunkers, 245 out still. Flubbed my bunker shot into the water right in front of the bunkers. Dropped in the same spot. Smacked it up by the green, got it up and down from 45 for triple. Pure.
Mvmac, thanks for all of that. I appreciate it. I glad I finally have some stuff to work on. I've really just been trying to improve some basic things for the last few years, it'll be nice to try some new stuff for once.
Why can't you help me decide if it is a good idea or not? If you were in my position, what would you do? Or if you were giving advice to your friend what would you say?The plan part is a good point. I probably get back to +2 so quickly every summer because I've been there before. Taking it to the next level would probably take a lot longer and a lot more strategy. I've never had any kind of practice plan or anything before. I've always just hit balls, practiced...