or Connect

Posts by Unforgiven93

Playing in the Indiana State Am, 7268 yds, 75.3/136. I shot 78 the first day, just didn't get anything going. The second day I played really well, I was one under through 15 holes. On the 16th hole I had just gotten onto the green when we got hit with a downpour. Rained so hard they blew the horn due to standing water on greens. Waited for the green to clear, went back out... 3 putted from 20 feet for bogey. I was upset, but still even and still happy with my...
This could be a cool thread! I have a few tournaments coming up in september.  A couple NCCGA events, hopefully NCCGA nationals, and another amateur event run by my state's golf foundation.  I'd love to win at least one of them.     Since school is about to start I won't get much time to practice, but when I do I will be focusing on getting my driver in the fairway more and working around the greens.  After watching the PGA championship in person, I was impressed the...
I thought I figured it out earlier this summer.... I was playing in tournaments and doing amazingly well.... 8 rounds my relation to par was -7, and these were difficult courese, in the range of 74.5-75.5 and slopes of 130-140.     I thought all the potential people always told me I had was finally coming through, then the second round of my state open happened.  I shot two under the first day and I was feeling golden.  The next day I shot 9 over and haven't even played...
73 at a 72.1/130.... struck the ball well off the tee but putted pathetically. Had 3 three putts. I was happy with the round though.
Awesome, thanks guys. I will probably buy it pretty soon.
How directed toward inexperienced and higher handicappers is this book? How much would I benefit from it? I would love to shoot lower scores if it can actually help me do that!
81. Missed the cut by one shot in the biggest tournament I play in because of it. Golf is very humbling.
Well... the news from my big tournament isn't so good. Shot two under the first day. I was feeling good. T15 after day one, only 4 amateurs beat me. 154 total players. Then shot... +9 today and missed the cut by one shot. Unbelievably disappointed. But that is how golf works. I will keep trying. Good luck to you, I hope you do better than I did. I am sure you will.
My swing isn't hugely different than in the later videos in this thread nowadays, but it is a little better.  Anyway, not why I'm posting... I'm playing extremely well right now.     The differentials of my last 8 rounds: +1.1, +3.6, +1.9, +1.7, 1.1, 1.1, +1.9, +3.3.   Playing the best golf of my life by a decent amount... so my question is, should I mess with my swing? There are a few noticeably wrong things that I can work to fix, but I have big tournaments coming up...
Today I played 9 holes, shot 3 under with two birdies, an eagle, and a bogey...  played nine two days ago and shot 4 under, 5 birdies and a bogey.  Those two rounds posted as a +3.3 combined round for my handicap, both had very low course rating/slope (posted as 67.2/111).  Playing great right now, last 126 holes I'm 8 under overall.  Granted, of those -8, -7 came in the last 18 holes, but the other 108 holes were on much more difficult courses.   Hoping to carry this...