or Connect

Posts by Unforgiven93

I think if played really well 80-85 would be achievable, but on an average day I would expect something 85-90. The distance wouldn't be a huge problem, I play a course that is 7450 pretty often.. 75.9 143. It is a beast but I usually shoot around 80 but I can drop below that if I play well. Augusta on Sunday I'm sure would play much more difficult than that.. so yeah. 80-90.
Great advice guys, thanks a lot. Going to follow what iacas said, along with showing her some swings. And no "romantic inclination" just want to help a friend... haha. And I enjoy teaching when I know a lot about the subject. Have her break 50 by the time summer hits? Challenge accepted.
Hey guys, My friend really wants to learn the game because her entire family plays. She has never really touched a golf club before and she wants me to coach her. I'd love to teach her, but I'm not sure the best way to go about it. Do you focus on one specific thing per lesson or do you try to teach several fundamentals at a time? Where do you start? Grip first I would assume, but what direction from there? I helped my high school golf coach teach a camp for very...
I started playing when I was 14 because I decided to quit baseball and play golf in HS, I averaged 44.6 on 9 freshman year, 41.3 sophomore year, 39.8 junior year, 38.4 senior year. I don't actually know when I went below 10 handicap because I didnt pay attention to that in high school, but I would assume during my sophomore year sometime, so about a year and a half? Two years?
I was hitting balls so he could fit me for lie angle and to see how the club felt. I was not looking at the simulator to tell me how accurately/far I was hitting them. I knew they were good clubs and I knew I would adjust and eventually hit them well.And at @mvmac, here's my two cents on people thinking they hit the ball 300 yards...I play a lot of tournament golf (not saying you don't) and I play with talented golfers a lot. In my experience, the people I play with hit...
So I got fit for irons for the first time last year.  I had always just been using my Dad's old clubs before that.   I had TM r7 TPs, which were fantastic irons, but I decided to upgrade to RocketBladez Tour... I got to the store and started hitting in their simulator and I was just getting absolutely ridiculous distance numbers.   I was carrying the 7 iron over 215 yards.   For a small, beautiful, fleeting few seconds, I thought maybe the RocketBladez really did hit...
Yeah, I can see what you're saying.  What I was trying to say is not that people shouldn't do this, just that when they are doing it, they should think about it in a specific way.  I think it would help lower scores even more.    I know I'm not accurate enough from 100 yards to pin hunt all the time...
I agree with this strategy for the most part...   The only problem I have with it is aiming for the center of the green on nearly every shot seems like you're acknowledging to your brain that a miss is possible, and everything I've ever read says that you need to have pure confidence that the ball is going to go where you are aiming... but that is nit-picky and won't make any difference for most golfers.     So in conclusion, if you're a really good golfer, I think it...
That sounds pretty amazing. I qualified and made the 2 day cut last summer for the Indiana Open, which had a first place prize of $7000, but I blew up after making the cut. It was the first 4 day event I had played in. I was so focused on making the cut that I used up all my energy the first two days apparently... 78,73,83,84 at 7125 yds and 74.6/140... I played with a top 100 amateur the first two days and he was only two shots up on me after those first two days. ...
Sounds like good things are coming for you for sure. I have played tournament golf for 3 summers in a row now so I am a little more in the swing of things. Pun intended. Good luck this year, definitely sounds like you are ready to win.