or Connect

Posts by CPT

Hands down --- it's going to be Mizuno for me.  I would love to be able to try on all those beautiful line-ups of iron sets they have.   Throughout the bag?  Titleist.    
Smaller companies can be seen investing $10M+ for their marketing campaigns, let alone Fed Ex.   They are doing this bonus payout for several years now., so the benefit must be there, otherwise they would have backed out already. 
I guess she never could make it to any shops since they usually close down before she leave the range.  Surely she is more concern about some putts missed during the round than what's new in the spring collection....  
I am also playing most of my rounds with my father, though we sometimes play in a different group, but we always come and go together.   Similar to your story, but on the contrary --- I have aced the shot twice since I've been playing and one of those aces was made when I played with my dad.  I was quite young then, but now as I am 28 years old, I am always wishing that my dad would made an ace when we step on the par-3s.  He came to many close calls, but hasn't...
Yani Tseng is definitely a born-and-bred champion.  She was surrounded by coaches at a very young ages, and have dominated the field since she was an amateur, long before turning professional.  She even beat Michelle Wie during her amateur days before all the hypes started.  Her game play is unique and more attractive than other players because she has been taught to swing the club aggressively since her childhood.  Her strength is a big advantage on LPGA Tour, but don't...
"Missed 4 birdies, all inside 10-feet" ----- there's your winning trophy right there.  I would have melted down worse than you if so many good approaches gained me nothing.   Nonetheless, I bet you've learned a lot.    
Sorry about the old set being stolen.   I think you made a good choice going for TaylorMade, as they seem to be doing good business for the R-11 series, judging from white drivers and fairway woods that kept popping up at my home course in the last few weeks.  Haven't had a chance to hit one, though, I wouldn't go with the R-11 because of its color.   Hope you have fun with the new set and good luck.
Frustration will always be a big part of the game, and experienced even by top-class touring pros.  Mainly, all of us spend a great deal of time frustrating at our failures to repeat what we did last week, or better yet, just yesterday.  No matter how good you are, you will never be able to repeat what you did twice, let alone do it week-in and out.   I always take "signing" as an example ----- no human being can repeat his/her own signature exactly the same way that...
Agreed on stats tracking.  To shave these 5 strokes off your handicap, it should be something very delicate and extremely difficult to fine-tune.   I regularly play with a few buddies in this handicap range (0-7) and I think the biggest different from the 5-handicapper and a scratch golfer is the ability to save strokes on and around the greens, especially putting.  This is the area that should be focused, rather than spending time on the long game.   A...
Some people do feel the difference when they cut down the shaft. Some don't. Shorter shaft will definitely help with your control, providing that you have somewhat of a consistent swing.