or Connect

Posts by pdks

I'm playing to a 6.  My gps measured distances, averages, gathered from a sample of solidly hit shots:       . D - 265 3w - 235 21d hybrid - 210 4 - 195 5 - 185 6 - 175 7 - 165 8 - 155 9 - 145 G (50d) - 115 S (54d) - 100 L (58d) -   80     Do my splits make sense?   .
  Interesting thread.  I've been using these distances for some time ...probably too much time.  2012 season will be a time to verify (and I'm getting new irons).   I get 'suspicious' when I see nice 10yd gaps between clubs, but I believe that's accurate for the heart of my irons.  Thoughts?     60*     - 80y 56*    - 100y 52*    - 115y 47*    - 130y 9i      - 145y 8i     - 155y 7i     - 165y 6i     - 175y 5i     - 185y 4i -    ...
When you step back and look at the way the big auto publications rate cars in their 'shootouts' vs what GD does in their Hotlist, it is night and day.  The car guys compare models that would likely be on someone's shopping list, come up with the criteria (just like GD does) but then they really dive in ...and rank them. Lots of objective, numbers based testing, in addition to qualitative analysis.  First to last.  And the funny thing is, the last place manufacturer...
    Like many who play this game, I'm intrigued by the concept of assisted improvement through acquiring a better tool. I'm inclined to make the move from the Mizuno MP32 to the MP59. It is a relatively small step and I have 'A/B'-ed them (on a matt inside - it is January in Toronto ...even if it is and has been almost warm enough to be still golfing!).   The MP59's are a beautiful, responsive club and I believe they're a step forward for me.     But your point was that...
  I tend to agree.  It was only a few years ago (2005?) that you couldn't find any subjective rankings in a major N.American golf mag.  All that Golf or Golf Digest wrote was fluffy, nice things - like participation ribbons in a politically correct grade school.  Actually ranking one manufacturer's offering above another, which is what the GD Hotlist does, was a big step.   That said, most of us on here look for a number of 'validation points' before pulling the trigger...