or Connect

Posts by shank-a-roo

Playing in Arizona, it feels like you live in a heat wave all year long! I don't mind playing in it at all! It's a dry heat
So when can we expect to see all your Nike gear in the Marketplace forum? I may be looking to purchase a new bag pretty soon...
One of the first times I went golfing with my bro-in-laws we were playing at a club that he is a member at. It was the first time I had played on a private course. It winds through a neighborhood, not super nice, but decent homes and I slice a drive into the houses. I was waiting for the plunk off the roof and all of the sudden I heard shattering glass!! I was mortified! We went up there and the guys neighbor is waiting out there for me. He starts laying into me and then...
I didn't, but my dad got his first hole in one ever in a golf tourney and it just so happened to be on the win-a-car hole! He ended up taking the cash payout since they already had enough cars. I think it ended up being about $35k. Must be nice!!
I just saw this post and this reply is probably too late. I booked a room this weekend at the JW Marriott in Scottsdale that includes unlimited golf! You also get a $50 per day credit to be used on site (the spa in my wife's case). It was $149 a night. The courses look really nice and the pool etc will make for a nice relaxing weekend. Hope that helps!
I feel like I am going to run into this problem for the first time here in just a couple weeks. Somehow I talked my wife into the JW Marriott family fling and swing package for our anniversary which includes unlimited golf. She doesn't golf at all, but the package comes with a $50 credit per day to the spa so that is where we will be spending our anniversary. I haven't ever had a problem going off as a single at the many public courses around, but it seems like this...
I am planning on getting back into the workout regime again this summer. I have P90X and did about 75 days of it a couple years ago before I had to quit because of injury. I haven't had the time to do much of anything lately. I was lifting every day up until about 1 year ago but because I switched jobs (old job had a gym I would go to at lunch) I haven't been able to find the time between that, school full time and family stuff. I have a break in school this summer and...
Go Russell!! Congrats on not being the first one gone. I think if I was ever on a show like that, that would be my biggest fear. It looks like there will be some pretty good blowups this season. I am excited to watch it unfold.
I spent a couple years in Thailand and I ate some kind of weird stuff there. Dog is completely acceptable to eat over there and actually tastes pretty good. Of course I had the fried insects - scorpion, grasshoppers, worms, etc. I actually enjoyed the fermented fish (plaa raa) they put in the food in the eastern part of the country. We had grilled field mice on a skewer and some boiled blood soup stuff, it looks like really dark red jello. I figured I would try...
Congrats on the acceptances!! I am going to ASU right now and I love it. I was born and raised here in AZ though, so I am used to the hot summers. Where else can you where shorts and short sleeves on Christmas and Thanksgiving?? It is a fun school and your education is what you make of it. Good luck with wherever you decide to go! There is no shortage of golf here in Tempe year round and we could always use another Sun Devil