or Connect

Posts by MSchott

I don't know much about the back end of the potential European team but I doubt they are much better than Langer based on how well he's playing now. And you cannot beat experience.
There are some similarities with Tiger and Federer but some don't hold water. The main is that as Federer got older, new great players arrived in Nadal and Djokovic. However, the main reason he is no longer winning is his age. Tiger is still in a prime golfing age while Federer is old for a top tennis player. But Tiger has to deal with the new blood like Rory, the late emergence of Adam Scott, Bubba, Dustin and others.
Quite the misplaced rant. Length wins on tour. Jack and Tiger were among the longest in their primes. Bubba is very long. Erik made the point that Augusta National is a second shot course in another thread and Watson hitting short irons into par 4's and 5's is how he has 2 green jackets. Also, you seem to assume that long means a poor short game. These guys are so good that hitting a 9 iron instead of a 7 iron is an advantage.
The debate will not cease but Rory will be the GOAT. That said, it's not going to happen.
No argument from me Erik. Correct placement of the approach is what Augusta is all about. Rory should have as good a chance as anyone to win their and I'm pretty sure he will but for some reason he has not been as competitive as he should be on that course so far. As far as him winning their before Tiger wins another major, I still go with Tiger. Augusta allows many to be in contention.
If Rory started winning majors like Tiger and passed him, he would be the icon. Frankly it's stupid to say otherwise.
His results so far don't support this. As I said earlier, Augusta National suits a lot of golfer's styles. They are all long these days and the fairways are wide. Players with solid approach shots, great short games and putting will contend. Rory in his major wins played great golf but he does not always play that well. And there are a lot of great young players out there including Bubba who has only one less major than McIlroy. He will most certainly win another green...
I voted for Tiger as I think it's very short sighted to ever count him out. Rory's record so far at Augusta National is not impressive, with this year's 8th being by far his highest finish. There is no doubt that when he's on, like this week he's the best player in the world and that could happen at Augusta but there are more players that can contend at the Masters than the other majors due to the non-penal design of the course. Tiger, Phil, Bubba and others always have a...
Kind of a bizarre premise to begin with as the game was invented in Scotland and evolved based on the natural lay of the land. If not for The Old Course and others in that part of the world, golf does not exist today.
I don't get this. I get not liking the hype from when she was 16 but that's on the media not her. She seems like a nice person, humble and polite. Really, what's not to like?