or Connect

Posts by MSchott

I think for tour pros a good caddy has to make few mistakes, protect their employer, be a bit of a psychologist and stay out of the way.  
The key is the Western Golf Association. This is the group that is behind Evans Scholars and are huge proponents of caddy programs. There should be no doubt that Williams is a great caddy, whatever that means but Tiger and Scott don't choose caddies unless they are really good in many ways. Although Tiger's first 2 caddies tended to have large egos which later bit them in the rear end.
A few comments. I've heard that many pro golfers don't actually have a lot of fun playing the game and see it as their job not just Tiger. It takes a lot of work to be at their level be it practice, mental therapy or fitness. Second, Woods always seems to get along well with those he's partnered with on the course. You always see him joking with his partners on the tee. Of course we know he's been close with Mark O'Meara. How many PGA pro's actually hang out together?
I see. Thanks for the clarification. 
I'm not sure what you mean by the stadium golf era. To me, stadium golf refers to courses specifically built to hold pro tournaments like TPC Sawgrass and most other TPC courses. Not the typical classic major courses like Oakland Hills, Pebble Beach or Oakmont to name 3. I guess you mean courses that can accommodate a lot of fans in general. In reference to Merion, the size of the crowds back then were smaller. The other issue with Merion is the length of the course. They...
If there was a problem it was because Merion is built on a very small piece of land and that could create logistical issues.
Great thread. I walk with a pull cart as much as possible. Golf is not just about getting to your ball and hitting the shot. I echo all that has been said, light weight bag, not too much stuff in it, pull or push cart if needed (I carried until about 7 years ago), comfortable shoes (I wear True Links) and drink a lot of water. You get to enjoy the course a lot more when you have the time to savor the setting and architecture.
You and I are not going to agree so lets let this go. 
I'm not disputing the fact that she cheated. She clearly did then she compounded it by not taking responsibility. As far as this reflecting on her overall personality, who the hell are you or I to make this sort of snap judgement? It's phenomenally arrogant and judgmental to do so. I rebel against people who make such accusations thinking that one action defines another person. The internet allows for such a thing but my take is that being prudent and open minded is a...
Grumpy is not even close to describing your piss poor attitude. I am not condoning what she did but clearly condemning someone as a scumbag is beyond the pale. I hope you live your life to flawless standards less someone think of you as a piece of garbage. Sometimes the internet is the way people throw out their trash without thinking of how it makes them look.