or Connect

Posts by Golf Man

On the Euro v US Tours   - US Tour obviously has far bigger prize money (which is, lets face it the biggest draw).   - The majority of the top European players play to a worldwide schedule as previously stated. For some reason very few US players do this - a couple come over and play in the odd event, where they are presumably on big appearance money   - The atmosphere on the Euro tour is definitely more friendly than on the European Tour - which I think...
  Couple of points - Hanson didn't win, Kaymer struggled over the line against the worst performing player on the US team, Westwood hadn't been playing great but he is the No.4 player in the world   There was arguably more core strength in the European team - 4 of the current Top 5 in the world, 4 players who have been ranked No. 1, Poulter who is probably the best matchplay player out there (not just from his Ryder Cup record). McIlroy, Donald, Poulter & Kaymer have all...
  Obviously its all hindsight, but the five best individual performances on Sunday were from the first five Euros - if they had played like that its hard to see Europe losing any (remember that Lawrie was -7 after 15 - no one was going to live with that) If that had played out it would have gone to the wire, Love would have een left with a bottom 4 of Stricker (who was hopelessly out of form), Kuchar (not particularly experienced in Ryder Cup and not exactly a go-to...
  I think its all been said and done at this stage but I have to respond to this   The Furyk selection was aarguable - I think he wanted some older heads (the kind that you are saying he should have had leading out on Sunday. There was definitely an arguement that he should n't have gone for Stricker and Furyk   The captain is in an awkward position - likely to get the flak for losing and no credit for winning. That said people need to acept that being "only" 10-6 up on...
These are the "alternative" ratings - actual ratings (courtesy of Sky) _ i'd disagree with most of them     Europe Nicolas Colsaerts: Simply sensational in carding eight birdies and an eagle to carry Westwood to a fourballs win over Woods and Stricker, but was unable to reproduce that form and lost his other three games. 7 Luke Donald: Produced one of the moments of the week with his tee shot to the 17th to help secure a dramatic win on Saturday evening alongside Garcia,...
  1. Fair enough but doesn't change the fact that it had no affect whatsoever on Rose's birdie at the 18th - he holed big putts at 16,17 & 18 (possibly only guy to birdie 18 all day?). People react differently to things on the course - Mickleson could have not acknowledged the putt from Rose on 17 and stormed off - would have had no affect at all on the outcome   2. First off all players didn't play 3 matches - all played on all 3 days and everyone played at least 3,...
Having a quick look at some of the posts its fairly obvious that some on here are delusional   - Mickleson's clapping Rose at 17 had no effect on Rose at 18 - that was all Rose - ridiculous to suggest otherwise   - My understanding is that all the US players were told that they would be sitting one session out - it is possibly a criticism of Love that he had this plan (pick partners and stick to them, no duo to play all 4) and stuck rigidly to it when maybe there...
US lost the 2004 and 2006 matches 18.5 - 9.5 - including i think losing all 5 sessions in 2004 - pretty sure that we can consider that a worse performance
  1. US had plenty of fun on Friday and Saturday - Bradley, Watson, Mickelson particularly stand out. A couple of US players let the  occassion get to them on Sunday and didn't play particularly well - and this conincided with teh Europeans playing their best golf of the week - if anybody didn't believe in the effect of a lot of blue/red on the leaderboard, they should now   2. Not sure on the Guardiola/Jordan thing tbh. What I will say is that looking at the vice...
    3. Try reading what I posted - I said Love would want experience, not that Fowler and Mahan were rookies. Mahan had two appearances (same as Stricker I think ) - Furyk has huge experience and is seen as incredibly difficult to beat - think Montgomerie said he has teh hardest opponent he had played. I'm not saying that Love was right, but I can see where he was coming from. Mahan in particu;ar was unlucky. BTW while Fowler was pretty much head to head with McIlroy at...