or Connect

Posts by utztech

You'll find that the nerds in any hobby or sport will try to establish their superiority and define themselves as the 'real' practitioners of said hobby or sport.   You would think that the ones that could actually score the best would be the top practitioners of golf, but you would be wrong.  The nerds consider 'purity' much more important.  So don't do any of the following.   1. Most important: Do not ever break or bend any rule or decision.  You can do this,...
  Yes, Tom Abbott is really annoying.  I have not seen any positive comments about him.  I can't stand how close he stands to people when he talks to them.  He is a close talker.
Obviously a lot of the advice above to practice this or that thing is good.   Because if you keep getting better you will some day break 80.  But here is some advice that might help you with the game you have today.   You are going to break 80 when you are playing well, by definition, since it will be a new low for you.  When I am playing well I tend to expect more out of my shots and this leads me to two mistakes:   1.  Don't be more aggressive just because you...
I don't think carts are inherently slower, but if you get stuck riding with a slow player, it makes both of you slow.   One of the guys in my normal foursome is quite a bit slower than the rest of us.  I have been riding with him the last few rounds and I have found it frustrating.  I often grab a couple of clubs and end up walking to my ball and then the green while he is doing his thing.  So maybe people walk more in the UK and one slow person does not make for two...
  I have not seen every season, but I have watched about 2/3 of them.  This season seems to have more talented players to me.  In the last few episodes guys were actually beaten by birdies instead of by making their own stupid mistakes. (There were a couple of short missed putts, but those happen).  I don't know specifically if the players have more experience, but the quality of play has been high so far.   Unrelated question:  Why does everyone have a problem with Chan....
Does anyone have experience with this thing?  It looks ridiculous, but I am thinking of getting one.  I always struggle to maintain the triangle.  It's amazing some of the crap we will do to improve.   http://www.golfswingshirt.com/index.html  
  He has more energy, he's more energetic, and he's not as tired.   I think Miller is on to something though.  Most of these veteran players know how to lose the Ryder Cup.  It must bring a bad vibe to the locker room.  Incidentally, I bought into the line about Tiger's Ryder Cup record being poor until I saw the other American player's records.  Considering he has only been on one winning team (1999) it is amazing he is basically batting .500.
The only problem here is that they had to finish Monday.  To fix that they need to outlaw caddies lining up the players.  And the players need to be embarrassed that 12-year-olds can make it to the US Open, and 15-year-olds can win tournaments.  Why aren't there grown ladies that can beat 12 and 15 year old girls?   In all seriousness, now that I have ranted about what I really don't like on the LPGA, nothing needs to be done.  It was a rare occurrence that might...
I had heard of the drive before, but never the story behind it.  Thanks for posting the link.  The most interesting part to me is the last page.  It seems it was just barely possible.     Mike Austin's record 515-yard drive has yet to be approached in thirty years. Which begs the question: Did it—could it—really happen? T+L GOLF asked the engineers at Focaltron, a golf-performance company in Sunnyvale, California, to simulate the drive to see whether...
I paid about $190 to play Torrey Pines.  I would not do that often, but next time I am in San Diego I will play again.  I will play Pebble some day as well.  One thing I love about golf is that we can play on the courses where the greatest championships have been played.  Go try to play a pick up game with your buddies at Yankee Stadium.