or Connect

Posts by resapudfures

The Smokehouse is nice local BBQ joint. Perfect for a relaxed post-game lunch/dinner.
Golfer A: Where did Billy go? Golfer B: He went BIPSIC after that shank. When someone gets too frustrated to continue (or exceeds their ESC limit) and picks up. . . Ball In Pocket, Sitting In Cart.
One hybrid and four wedges is the way to go. You'll need to drop your three iron, but it shouldn't be an issue if you're comfortable strengthening the lofts of your iron set. I had my irons bent one degree strong across the board, except for the 4i which is a touch stronger. I haven't had any problems digging and I'm really happy maintaining 12-13 yards between clubs. My setup... H . . . 225 . . . 19° 4i . . . 210 . . . 21.5° 5i . . . 197 . . . 25° 6i . . . 185 ....
Please reference the above video. Do most tour vans offer the same service? Can you send in metal woods to the manufacture for custom bending or make custom orders? None of my local club fitters will bend metal woods, what about 3rd parties offering this service? Any info is much appreciated. It's nice that TM's FCT and Titleist's SureFit will obviate the need for this in the future. I'm sure other manufacturers will follow suit. For now, though... I would...
I think you know this, but just to make sure... Lie angle is the angle made between the shaft and the floor when the club is sitting flush on a flat surface, it has nothing to do with grip. A midsize grip, while it might not be ideal for you, really shouldn't change your swing in a way that would cause you to be toe-up at impact. More likely, the previous owner had these clubs bent from standard lie angle. I would go in to your local club fitter and get the lofts...
One other thing to mention before you buy (especially if you have a stand bag) . . . Go to a golf mega-store, find the bag you have, and place it on the demo of push cart you are thinking about purchasing. Certain stand bags will sit better in some push carts than others. For what it's worth, my Titleist Lightweight Stand Bag fits in the Speed Cart V1 perfectly.
I picked up Sun Mountain's Speed Cart V1 last year and couldn't be happier with it. I don't know if anything better has come out since, but I exhaustively researched all of the major offerings at the time and it was definitely the most solid option. If you look at any online reviews, don't pay attention to people saying that the tires go flat. That may have been a problem with past models, but the current Speed Carts have high quality solid foam wheels. It even has...
Congrats!
I'd be interested in reading this, please post a link if you can find it. I have always felt that the effect of temperature on ball-speed was negligible, but I think most people do experience a distance loss in cold weather. I believe that low temperatures have more of an effect on swing speed than ball speed. Even in warm weather I require a bit of pre-round stretching to make my normal shoulder turn... and I'm in my twenties. The colder it is, the more time I need...
This is my most favorite comment on my most favorite thread. As a kid, I always felt that golf was the perfect fusion of piñata parties and Easter egg hunts.