or Connect

Posts by dtb300

+1 for this Drill.   Super drill that I start my practice time with.   Get that weight forward and hitting the ball first into the "noggin" - reinforcement right at the start is great.
  Great topic on practicing correctly.  I see poor practicing in the other sport I participate in, as well as poor practice at the driving range.   I also think each person should get to know what type of learner they are.      Some learn better by watching someone else, some learn better in a group, some learn better by themselves.   Some need to know EVERY LITTLE DETAIL and every inch of position in the swing.   Some just need to know an overall goal and will choke on...
  I have similar swing speed and the chart Iacas posted falls right in line with my numbers when getting fit for a driver:   ClubSpeed Ball Velocity Launch Angle Ball Spin Carry Distance Total Distance Angle of Attack 93.8645871 137.7493304 15.26484375 2315.478795 220.0897321 243.1845982 5.215625   These numbers were near the end of last year and I plan on going back and seeing where I am at...
Quite the Mind, Trust the Body.....  
Right now I own the Callaway Octane Driver and the Octane fairway wood.   Due to back issues, could not play until the end of the golf season last year for about 8 rounds.  I was hitting the Octane Driver well, but noticed that my ball flight was very high.   I had the stock Grafalloy Project X 5.0 (regular Flex) shaft.     Two years ago, had some numbers on the launch monitor with my coach.  Summary of that session and then the recommendation of purchasing the...
+1 on the new Chrome Hex Yellow....
Last year I added a 5H to my bag and removed my 5 iron.   It was a very good move for myself and my game.   I now use:  Driver, 3W, 5W, 3H, 4H, 5H, 6-9, PW, GW, SW, Putter - Found I used my 5W more than my Lob Wedge  
The concern I have with the new RAZR Black is the 1 degree open for the 8.5 and 9.5 drivers.   Where my 9.5 Octane is Square.    Also wondering the difference between the Octane shaft (Project X) and the Black shaft (Fujikura Motore F8) but the shafts have same weight, same torque, and same kick point....   I guess the best way to see is go hit some and see how it goes for me and my game...
I had the same experience with the R9 when I changed to the Diablo Octane last year.   Better distance, better control, better dispersion pattern.   Now I am considering the new Razr Black to replace the Octane.  Not sure if it is worth the change or not.
Shelly Manne and his Men - Live at the Black Hawk