or Connect

Posts by Topper

I don't blame you for carrying. Last year, I regularly played a 9-hole round with a gentlemen who was about 60 years old. I believe he worked in the finance department for a local municipality. Our schedules were similar and we often arrived at the same time.  One day I show up as usual and found out that he was mugged and severely beaten the previous day by a couple of city youths who apparently needed some pocket change. He's never been back....and I don't blame him.  I...
Fair enough.  I like to play older irons....Ping in particular as of late.  I am limited (because manufacturers are limited) by the groove rule to 2 clubs to replace any that may become damaged/worn or to fill-in missing clubs.  Not 2 clubs per order but 2 clubs per my lifetime of owning the set.  I'd like to fill-in the set with a gap wedge and sand wedge but then I'm forever prevented from replacing a damaged or worn club in the future and we know wedges won't last...
IMO, the answer is "maybe."   I generally regard lasers as being for low handicappers who really benefit from the accuracy because their ball-striking is consistent.  For most mid/high handicappers (myself included), a gps is more than accurate....most of the time....especially since many devices provide layup and hazard distances as well as to the green.  I can "fine tune" my club selection based on pin position relative to the center.     Your question leads me to...
I don't know about replacing the USGA.....but certainly the USGA should re-evaluate it's consideration of their impact on amateur/recreational golfers.  You know....the ones who pay dues, attend tournaments, and watch golf on TV that then encourages sponsors to pay larger sponsor fees.  Recreational/Amateur golfers are still part of "the game."   The USGA should also be able to eat some "humble pie" and acknowledge its failures (such as the groove rule).  The groove rule...
 OK so I shouldn't say that don't have enough time for golf because my time is really limited due to family and work obligations.  I should say...I CHOOSE to go to baptisms, communions, birthdays, holiday events, etc. and I CHOOSE to fix my house when repairs are needed and I CHOOSE to complete work projects with ridiculous schedules and answer email at all hours so I can keep my job rather than spending more time playing golf which I would love to do. I can see your...
More snow this morning.  It melted by noon...but that's not the damn point.  Cold, wet, and muddy.  Weather sucks.  It will probably be another few weeks before courses open assuming we can stay above freezing and the ground can dry out enough.  Can't wait until every snow bank is gone.  Haven't touched a club since September because October was cold and wet with snow showers around Halloween.  I'm long past "winter depression."  What comes after that.
I use a GPS watch and really like having it ready for immediate access...nothing in my pocket and don't have to go to the cart to retrieve it if I need a yardage.  I know some don;t like a watch but it doesn't bother me at all.  I only refer to it when I don't have a convenient yardage marker in the fairway.
7:00AM (sometimes earlier) - So I can get back and start working on all the stuff I usually have to get done.  Dew and dealing with the grounds crew are issues.
putter sw pw 8i 6i 5w Driver
I only donate if there is a website with a Nigerian IP address to accept fund transfers.  I don't like to take any chances.