or Connect

Posts by tasker

I was there earlier this year doing some diagnostics - very cool experience. Did trackman, the jacket /vest thing and and an anaysis on the hydraulic putting table/surface. It was a great insight and gave my instructor some very good data to aid my development plan. It actually went out of business but was recently resurrected - thankfully. Highly recommended if you finds yourself in Toronto and have the chance.
Last winter, I decided to devote more time to putting.  Bought a 7 foot golf hole/mat thingy from eBay.   Hooked up my iPhone to the putter using the cradle.  Worked on path and open/closed stats and just getting a nicely repeatable stroke going on.   Made lots of putts (probably 50-100 per day, 3-4 days per week) - made games for myself - like not being able to stop until at least 20 6 footers had been made.   Got to a really reliable stroke that helped me take 3-4...
I used to take it (now on Crestor) but never had the died effects you mention - you should infirm your doctor. Muscle soreness is a known side effect though.
I miss Irish golf. Lived in Ireland between 1998 and 2006 and don't get back often enough. In particular, I miss Port Marnock,royal St Anne's, cork golf club, Waterville, dingle, Tramore, Waterford castle .....
I routinely buy recycled balls, mint grade or better' and find them to be excellent value. I bought reconditioned balls once and found then much less satisfactory. The paint scheme was different than original and the refinished paint same off quite easily resulting in very shabby looking balls after a few shots, so that was not a good outcome for me.
If you live near a Ping center they will adjust for free (while I waited in my case) and it is a great experience as well. If you don't live nearby I think they still do the adjustments for free and you only pay for shipping. Just a thought.
For. Me it is a combination of practice and playing. I am a 14 hcp and need to play at least 40 rounds per year (I am in Canada in a shorter season), and need to do range work twice per week to show better scores - I got down to 11 hcp two years ago in this manner. If I play and practice half that I get worse or stagnate in terms of scoring. But I am not a natural athlete and I need to do work to progress. I have friends who don't play and practice and can break 80 on...
When you are in Dublin, there are also some options.  Port Marnock is only ~ 25 minutes from the city centre, Royal Dublin is on Dublin Bay as is Royal St Annes.  St Margaret's is near the airport (somewhat) and the Island is not far. As mentioned, Dooks is a good West Ireland option - with a great story.  Each hole was designed by separate members and so it somewhat quirky but fun.  Waterville is interesting.  Killarney is fun.  Mount Juliet, in Kilkenny is a Nicklaus...
Terms of affection
You cannot go wrong with a clicgear. Great carts on all fronts. If you are at all DIY inclined, it is getting easier and easier to pickup older versions that you can refurb quite cheaply. You can buy almost every replacement part you may need. I have picked up a 1.0 for well under $100 and had to spend only $40 to get the functions of a 2.0.