or Connect

Posts by johnthejoiner

no
Loss of lag can be a result of a backswing that is too long and/or getting the upper body moving toward target. No drill, holding action, or training aide fixes those problems.     mon the Hibs
Release is the gradual turning of the club from hip height on your downswing through your swing to hip height on the far side of impact.
If correct information is of the upmost importance why do people refer to the original ball flight laws as being wrong when in actual fact the pga manual has always had and still has the laws correct. The PGA Teaching Manual states quite accurately that there are 5 laws that influence ball flight. Those are; Clubhead Speed, Centeredness of Contact, Clubhead Path, Position of Club face and Angle of approach.
The masters wasn't classed as a major until the late 50s early 60s as was the PGA Championship It is difficult to determine when the definition changed to include the current four tournaments, although many trace it to Arnold Palmer's 1960 season, when after winning the Masters and the U.S. Open to start the season he remarked that if he could win the Open Championship and PGA Championship to finish the season, he would complete "a grand slam of his own" to rival Bobby...
The fact that a tournament has invitational spots is one of the reasons i think the masters shouldn't be classed as a major

US gallon = about 3.8 litres UK gallon = about 4.5
Its a shot that I'm not even close to having, when Ive seen the shot being played against me I'm always surprised that the club being used has a lot more loft on it than i would have guessed (58 or 60 degrees) and it sounds to me like they have slightly thinned the shot
Robert Rock has been on the radar on this side of the pond for a few years now, sometimes for the wrong reasons. His fondness for the amber nectar has possibly kept him from reaching his full potential. When he plays well hes got a beautiful swing but he's got a tendency to almost fan the club open toe up, and can get too handsy through impact