or Connect

Posts by Artimas

I play when it's that cold. For me, it has to be a windless day. The wind really makes things uncomfortable at those temps.   And it's a different kind of golf, for sure...
When it's really cold (30s or less) I wear and underarmour base layer then a long sleeve golf shirt. Over that I wear my Footjoy merino wool performance seweater. I have a lined pullover I wear over that.   I wear ski socks and a ski base layer over heavy corduroy pants. Also a wool ski cap and a fleece ski "gator" for my neck.   Keeps me warm into the 30s.
After thinking this over a bit, I've decided to renew my subscription for 3 years at $100.   I certainly don't like Skycaddie's business practices, but since I'm already into it for $300.00, another $100 over 3 years ($33 per year) makes more sense than starting over with another $300 investment. The Skycaddies go for about 40.00on ebay, so not much value in selling it.   When the subscription expires in 3 years I suspect there will be more options, or at least I've...
While the driving distance between balls may be minimal, I find that I hit low spin balls straighter. This equates to a much longer "functional" driving distance. Slices really rob distance.
This is big part of my thinking. I despise their business practice, especially deleting courses that I downloaded while I was paid up. I play in more than 1 state, so I'd need the more expensive subscription. I will look at some of the rangefinders. That might be a good option. Thanks all.
Thanks for the replies. I appreciate the perspective of more experienced players.   I am not too bad at keeping up, and I certainly don't whine. But, it can be hard to keep up when you need 2-3 more strokes than your playing partners on a hole.   I usually have a couple of blow up holes per round, and often just pick up the ball and move on.
The seams of my Ogio separated while it was still pretty new. I fixed it, but I'll be looking at a different brand for my next bag.
About 4 years ago, my wife bought me a Skycaddie SG5. The subscription ran out last year. Tonight I had some time and was playing with it, and discovered it is unusable. Even the courses I previously downloaded are not accessible on it. In order to continue using it, I need to pay for a new subscription, they start at around $50.00 and go to about $120.00.   There's so much free or cheaper GPS stuff available now, I'm wondering if it's worth it. On the other hand, it...
Do you think there is a minimum handicap a player should have before feeling comfortable playing at any course?   As a high handicapper, I often feel intimidated about playing an unknown course, especially if I'm travelling. I'm afraid of being paired up with better golfers and playing poorly, making the game uncomfortable for them, and generally embarrassing myself. I try to keep the pace up, but overall, it can really be an uncomfortable situation.   Do you think...
Yes.  Thanks! :-)