or Connect

Posts by Artimas

Over the weekend I played in 41 degree weather with wind gusts to 25. I doubt I'll go much colder than that. It was pretty uncomfortable when the sun got low.
Cold, wind or rain.   I'll play in any one of the three.
Thanks for the replies.  I presently use a Ping G15 driver, so th G15 4 wood will be the first one I look at.   Curious about the new G25 also.
The G15 is my current driver, and I'm quite happy with it. I upgraded from a G10, and think the 15 is a lot better.   I may take a look at the G25, though.
I've been contemplating changing out my 3 and 5 wood for a 4 wood as is the current trend. But, there are some holes the driver is too much off the tee and I use a 3 wood.   How much real life difference in distance can I expect using the 4 instead of the 3? I know the articles say that the 4 is as long or longer, but I think that's calculated from launch monitor data and pro golfers. What can a high handicap recreational golfer expect?   Thanks.
I like the Bridgestone E6 at it's price point also, and it's pretty cheap. Another option in the Nike PD Soft. It's a good ball for the money and can be found for around $16.00 per dozen or less. A great beginner ball.
I started playing golf on my own a couple of years ago so I could get good enough to play with a group of friends who mostly had handicaps around 15. I eventually got to the point where my handicap was under 36 and I decided to start playing with them. I always followed the rules to determine my handicap, no mulligans, no improving lie or position, etc.   The first time I played with these guys, I could tell they were better than me, but not 20 strokes. I then...
We play COD (carts opposite drivers). It's a good game for a foursome of friends since the teams change every 6 holes, and everyone gets a chance to play with everyone else. We usually play for just a buck per 6 hole match and handicap it. It keeps it competitive.   Occasionally a match is decided before 6 holes, so we play $1.00 skins for the extra holes.     COD (Carts Others Drivers)- description: This game involves rotating your partner every six...
Thanks for the replies. I'm going to ask Santa for some  Q Stars.
Love my G15 driver. 10.5 with stock regular shaft.