or Connect

Posts by Cas57

I know you said it's not Pebble but the 14th hole is that way.  If you don't hit it on the top portion of the green, the ball will roll all the way back into the fairway and usually in front of the bunker giving the player very little chance of going at the pin.  The other hole is #9 at Augusta, approach shot too short with a little spin and it's back into the fairway it goes.
Alphabetical order due to having them marked off in the 2001 NCGA Blue Book.  As mentioned before, I played a lot of golf with a traveling NCGA Associates Club and then with a mini tour.    In California- Adobe Creek Ancil Hoffman Bayonet Course Bennett Valley Blue Rock Springs - East and West courses Bodega Harbor Canyon Lakes Carmel Valley Ranch Catta Verde at Twelve Bridges Chardonnay - all 27 holes Coyote Creek - Tournament course Crystal...
  I've been thinking about getting some new irons since the ones I have now are about 15 years old.  I'm going to hold off until March when Taylormade comes out with their new line of irons....I particularly like these and looking forward to testing them out- http://www.taylormadegolf.com/mainlevel/golfshop/irons.html?IsPopUp=0#30 hmmmm, link doesn't completely work?  The irons are the Taylormade Tour Preferred CB. Here's the link to Taylormade -...
the 2 courses at Primm Valley are excellent but it's a little out of the way (an hour west or so) from Vegas proper. http://www.primmvalleygolf.com/reservations.php
lots of good courses down that way! 27 holes at Cinnabar Hills in San Jose   San Jose muni is a lot of fun, can be a real challenge when the wind picks up.   San Juan Oaks in Hollister isn't too far, Fred Couples had a hand in designing this one   Ridgemark in Hollister   Shoreline in Mountain View - can get pretty muddy this time of year   Summitpointe in Milpitas - lots of hills   36 holes at Sunol Valley in Sunol   Sunnyvale GC in...
  I'm a General Contractor and I got tendonitis years ago from swinging a hammer and what jonanthans posted above is what the Dr recommended to me also since I refused to get a shot.  As mentioned above, I believe the shot would just numb/mask the problem where I'd rather be able to feel when the pain started so I could stop what I was doing.  In any case, I've pretty much been doing those exercises for about 22 years and they really help out.  I'm not saying the pain...
Way back when when I was about a 10 handi, I joined a traveling club where we played all kinds of different courses.  A couple of the members were club pros so I was fortunate enough to be able to have on course lessons when we would just go out and play for the fun of it.  Within a few months I went from the 10 down to a 6 mostly due to hitting the ball solid to pretty much where I was aiming....course management.  Managing where you hit the ball on each hole can...
  Golf is a visual game for me and it starts with looking down at the club at address and personally, I can't stand looking down at an oversized or an offsett iron.  I like a thin top line and a traditional sized head but not necessarily a forged iron.  As far as some of the GI clubs, many of them are like putting a bandaid on a carotid artery, sure it may work for awhile but it's not going to correct the real problem.   I have 3 sets of irons, 2 of which I switch...
Silver Bells   and White Christmas   I took my wife to see the play White Christmas in San Francisco a couple of years ago and it was awesome!
IMO, the piece of equipment that I see that doesn't fit the golfer more often than not is the type of ball.  A lot of people could shoot lower scores by using a ball that doesn't spin so much.  Not saying that the OP is included in this opinion of mine but it could be another option to try before spending a couple of C notes.