or Connect

Posts by Cas57

back when I was a single digit, I didn't mind playing with real high handicappers at all.  The reason is when I was first starting out and shooting high scores, I would always get that 1 a$$ that would always blame me and get pissed off for their errant shots.  I vowed never to be like that and I pretty much held true to that at every level I was at.  Actually, just last week I was paired up with a person that was every bit of a 100 when he decided to quit after 16...
I took a couple of pictures of a few of the drivers that I had readily available that I've had over the past nearly 40 years....ugh, that really makes me feel old From left to right , Walter Hagen, Hagen, MacGregor Eyeomatic, Spalding Tour Edtion Persimmon, Spalding Tour Edition metal, Top Flite Intimidator and a Taylormade R9     As you can see in this next picture, I was playing around with shaft length back in about 1976 with the Walter Hagen.  With the...
like OC, I too was born, raised and lived here in the Bay Area my whole life.  The list of golf courses from San Jose up to Santa Rosa is a pretty long one.  Since I really don't feel like typing them all out, here's a link to the Courses page of the Hooked on Golf website- http://www.hookedongolf.com/courses/northern_california/index.html It has all the the courses, public, private, resort and the 9 holers that you would want to play.  I was fortunate enough to be...
At least an hour, no but I have spent some time in a couple of stores familiarizing myself with what equipment is out there these days.  Don't take multiple trips but do go for specific items and yes, I usually buy something when I go.  To me, I'd rather support the local store(s) than buy online for the simple reason I want to support local business.
  What you posted about alcohol is absolutely true, "even one beer will slow your reflexes and impair your decision making ability somewhat".  That is the exact reason why a little alcohol can help someone.  I'm definitely not an advocate of drinking alcohol but for some, a little bit helps them relax just enough to loosen up their muscles which allows them to swing without the tension.  Has anyone taken a look to see if there is a relation to alcohol consumption and...
here is the error message I keep getting-   System Error We're sorry, but there's been an error in our system, and we can't complete your request. Please report this error to us, using our feedback system. Thanks! You can also go back and try again.     it looks like the reason why could be the actual address, it's coming up like this - http://thesandtrap.com/forum/forum.php if someone hasn't been here in a while and has the old link saved,...
ditto.   I'm also get some error code when trying to sign on and have to do it a couple of times to get here and yes, I'm finding it much slower also. Other than that, it looks really good!
Half Moon Bay, both courses, are excellent but it's pricey to play there, $185.00 on the weekends.  I have a friend of mine that lives on the Old Course and he mentioned that the last time I spoke to him.  I was fortunate enough to be able to play there fairly often for $45.00 so I might be a bit biased in saying that I really don't think the $185.00 is worth it.
Although I don't live there anymore, I can recommend a couple of courses to play.  It's been awhile since I played any of the courses so I don't know the costs that they are currently charging.  The courses that come to mind are Harding Park, Lincoln, The Presidio and a 9 holer that Lee Trevino said was the hardest 9 holes he's played at Gleneagles.  If you want to travel down the peninsula a bit, there's Sharp Park in Pacifica, Poplar Creek in San Mateo, and Crystal...
a friend of mine is a member of the Men's club at Stonetree but I have yet to play there. You're right about the Bay Area and golf, lots of excellent courses around here. Not sure if you've played Adobe Creek in Petaluma but it's closed until further notice....a bankruptcy thing happening. The course I played most was Crystal Springs before I moved up here to Sonoma, good test of golf. I kind of forgot about San Geronimo, haven't played there since, I'm guessing, 1988...