or Connect

Posts by Cas57

Congrats Jay! So what did the look on your partner's face look like?
you're absolutely right dr and I really should have included that! thanks for nitpicking
I always looked forward to playing Pasatiempo every year as it was on our tournament rotation. I don't think it's a great course but it can be an excellent test of your game but that can depend on the time of year also. I think in this day and age, it has probably been surpassed by many of the new courses that have been built. I also think that if you had a better experience instead of being stuck behind some hacks, you would probably have appreciated it more. The cost...
Don't forget the amount and shapes of the dimples on the golf ball you use. Some dimple patterns will create a lot more drag thus causing shots to be shorter. You may also notice shots to fly higher in denser air. The other limiting factor is more than likely you're also wearing more restrictive clothes that don't allow the movement like playing in a short sleeved shirt does. A couple of tricks that were popular a few years ago was to use Lady Precept golf balls and...
There were a couple of things that I used to do when the slumps hit. The first thing would be to play a 2 ball best ball with yourself. Sometimes the people playing behind you might get their panties in a bunch but if you can play fast enough, it's usually not too much of a big deal. The other thing would be to change up the way you play a hole. For example, if your first hole is a 350 yard par 4 and you always hit driver 9 iron then play it 5 iron 5 iron. The next is...
My Dad used to take me out to Harding Park in San Francisco when I was about 7 years old to hit the ball around with him, that was in 1964. At 13, I started caddying at a local private course and we were able to play the course after hours and on Mondays so that's when I really got hooked on the game. I bought my very first set from the money I made caddying and they were a used set of PGA's with aluminum shafts.....You want to try a hard club to hit, try something with...
I guess I'm way way out there as I still have a 1 and 2 iron in the bag. Since I haven't played in so long I can't say that I will still hit the 1 iron although I have been hitting it at the range.
I guess I have a few Since about 1985 or so, I'll only use white tees, a white glove and I refuse to use the button ball marker off the glove. I use yellow nail polish to mark the golf balls and can only play irons with a pretty thin top line. The visual of a thick top line just doesn't look right to me at all. I guess that stems from learning with forged irons way back when. I also have a problem looking down at the really big headed drivers. The one I use isn't...
Nice Lewinski - nice shot, you get the cigar Almost a Lewinski - close but no cigar Some really good ones in here, thanks for some laughs!
I've been fortunate enough to play Pebble twice quite a few years ago and the first time I played was exactly what Clambake just said. If the opinion of a newby means anything, I wouldn't wait to experience playing that course either. The other suggestion I'd make is to take a caddy and walk the course instead of taking a cart. When I played they gave us the choice of either a caddy or a cart at the same price excluding a tip (tips were not mandatory and the caddy let...