or Connect

Posts by Mac62

Congrats, the JPX-EZs are very forgiving, easy to hit clubs.  A friend of mine changed over to them a few months ago after playing KZG player's irons for several years and he's very happy with them.  I've hit his irons a few times and they feel every bit as forgiving as my Ping K15s, which are also known as very forgiving clubs.  I'm sure you'll get years of use out of your JPX-EZs
If I hit a 3H and 5W the same distance (I don't) and with the same accuracy, I'd keep the 3H in the bag and ditch the 5W.  I carry both and IMO the hybrid is a more versatile club.  I can hit the hybrid off lies I wouldn't think of hitting a FW off of.  I can hit my 5W off the fairway, out of short rough or (flat) fairway bunkers, but go to the hybrid for taller rough and uneven/irregular lies (such as desert waste areas).  I could easily hit the hybrid off those lies...
If you buy a truly custom-fit putter such as an Edel, you're fitted, buy the putter, and receive a putter which is custom built to your fitting specs.  No adjustments needed.
 Not to mention sumo wrestlers, shotput/discus throwers, powerlifters/olympic lifters, etc. And automatically classifying anybody who smokes cigars as "unathletic" is a bit of a stretch as well. 
 Me too - but probably not in the same way as you!
 Jenkins is an utter idiot.  I'm probably one of the biggest Woods "anti-fans" around, but even I wouldn't stoop so low as to say he had a bunch of nobodies as competition.  Not only does it attempt to completely discredit his achievements (which I'll admit were impressive), it also insults a lot of damn good professional golfers he competed against.  Taking such swipes at somebody with no basis in fact just looks petty, not to mention moronic.  I have my own reasons for...
 I'm not a long driver, so GIR+1 is my usual strategy on most par 4s and 5s.  It helps to keep me from trying the 'hero shots' which can really blow up the score in a hurry.  I figure if I can avoid the big numbers, play bogey golf and pick off a couple/few pars along the way, I'm shooting in the 80's, which I'd be happy with (at least for now, lol!).  On the second day of the tournament, pretty much every aspect of my game went missing - and what a frustrating feeling it...
So after stinking the course up on the second day of the tournament, I played 18 at my home course today and shot an 88 (2 birdies, 4 pars, 7 bogeys, 4 doubles, 1 triple).  Hit 9/12 FIR and got around in 29 putts (only 5 GIR, but a few more nGIR).  Unbelievable, 19 stroke swing within the span of two days.  I was relieved to find out that I hadn't suddenly and inexplicably regressed that far in my game, but at the same time I was thinking "Why couldn't you shoot like this...
I recently switched to the "optic yellow" Bridgestone e6.  Since most of the friends I normally golf with hit white balls, it makes it easier to ID my ball at a quick glance.  It's also easier to find when I'm off the fairway and in the junk.
I've broken 90 a few times on my home course (68.1/118, 6034 yds), with my best being an 85.  Played in an annual invitational tournament this past weekend and shot a 93 in the practice round, 91 in the first tournament round (68.8/124, 6085 yds).  For the first time in 16 years of playing this tournament, I was in the final four after the first day (the three ahead of me shot 77, 82 and 86).  On the second day of the tournament, I had a meltdown of epic proportions on a...