or Connect

Posts by Mac62

The e6 has been my favorite ball for over two years.  It won't hop and stop like a tour ball, but it doesn't have any trouble holding greens.  I'm not a high spin player and not good enough to be a pin hunter, so most of my shots onto the green are bump and runs or short pitches where I play the run anyway, so I like the rollout I get from the e6.  Feels great off the putter too, definitely not a rock.  I've played a few other comparable balls (Titleist NXT Tour, Callaway...
I think Stern is a giant douche, and I think yelling "Baba-Booey" at a golf tournament is even douchier.  It ranks right up there with the other nozzles yelling "Mashed potatoes!", "You da man!", "Get in the hole!" (on a par 5 tee shot, no less), etc.  There's nothing funny or socially redeeming about it and the asshats who do it should be immediately ejected from the premises.   Maybe next post I'll dispense with the subtlety and tell you how I really feel about it.  
If somebody inadvertently hit me because they miscalculated, I'd probably let it slide - once.  If they clearly shouldn't have been hitting when they did, I'd either hit the ball back at them or make sure they were looking as I hit their ball into the nearest hazard or OB area.  I would have called the pro shop and asked for a marshal as soon as he jumped ahead since it was obviously a dick move with a group directly in front of you.  Some people are just self-centered...
I play them as they are with minor scuffs, doesn't bother me a bit.  If they get any worse than that, I wouldn't waste my time and effort touching them up, I'd toss them and pull a new one out of the bag.  Spray paint would probably last about until the first time the ball was hit, it's nowhere near as durable as the finish applied to the balls at the factory.  As one of my golf buddies says when a ball gets damaged or lost, "That's why we buy 'em by the dozen!".
Driver, 3W, 5W. 
Technically they are still at war.  The Korean War was ended by an "Armistice Agreement" in 1953, but there was no formal Peace Treaty signed.  North Korea is a hostile nation with a highly unstable, volatile leader who still seeks reunification of the Koreas (under his rule, of course) and his bluster and rhetoric toward the South (and the U.S.) is almost nonstop. I don't think any exception should be made for Bae simply because he's a good golfer.  Doing so would create...
If everybody is playing by the same rules, I don't see how it would dilute the competition - everybody is just going to have artificially lower scores.  Whether it will meet your competitive hopes or not will probably have to do with how seriously they take this league.  If they stick strictly to their "modified" rules and guys are serious about the competition, it could do it for you.  If it's a bunch of clowns yukking it up with a 12-pack in their coolers while they kick...
Haven't tried it yet, but one of the local clubs does a "5-iron only" tournament every year and I'm playing in it next month with a couple friends.  I'm looking forward to the challenge, but am going to do my best to avoid bunkers because I imagine greenside bunker shots with a 5-iron could be....interesting.
That's the title, but did you actually read the OP?  Iacas' contention is that Woods completed the Grand Slam and that the calendar year is irrelevant and arbitrary.  That's where the entire discussion stems from.
No, I don't.  I feel it's nothing more than an effort by his admirers to add another jewel to his crown, deserved or not. Gary Player recently said "Golf needs a black champion", and that (discriminatory, IMO) line of thought is what leads to things like this.  Because of his race, many people feel the need to prop him up to the maximum extent possible.  His accomplishments speak for themselves whether you're a fan of his or not - he doesn't need false accolades piled on...