or Connect

Posts by dc3032

ThThank you! Great idea.
What about a base mount for those of us that have to hit off of mats?
  If that's the case then great! I'm fully behind this.  I for one, hate being THAT guy who's holding everyone up.  If I'm having a bad hole and it's getting to be an issue, I'll pick up... I'm not playing for a Green Jacket so it's no big deal.  Plus, I find it less fun having a group breathing down your neck the entire time.
I agree totally with these findings, however I'm skeptical that any brochure or "education" on improving pace of play will move the needle much, if at all.  Once a person is out on the course, it's usually just them and at most three other people (probably friends).  I think the "I paid good money for this round so I'm not gonna be rushed" mentality sets in and there are very few people in the immediate vicinity who are going to challenge it or confront the slow person...
  Well if that's the case, I envy you... I feel like putting is the easiest thing to get better at if you just practice a lot.  I actually putt well for someone who shoots low 90's... I average 34 putts per round, which is just a hair under 2 per hole... for me, if I'm two putting, I'm happy b/c my GIR could really use some work.     I bought that iPing app and it works really well.  Gives you real time feed back. 
  Not to be THAT guy, but if you're a 15 hcp, you're probably not making solid and consistent contact every time...  but I get your point.   The toughest for me was the transition from backswing to downswing.  Starting the downswing with the lower body and not the shoulders/arms was (is) toughest for me.  Trying to avoid swaying forward and coming over-the-top was tough.  The swing though that finally did it for me was to remind myself to exaggerate (in my mind) how slow...
I took warrior up on their deal where all you had to do was pay $19 shipping and they'd send a free hybrid. They obv tried to sell me more clubs when i called on the offer, but caved quick when I told them I wasn't interested. The hybrid was a 19* (I had a choice) w/ a no name S flex shaft. To be totally honest w everyone, it's a great club... One of the ones I hit best. And it was essential free w no strings attached. This is NOT the same Warrior that makes Lacrosse...
And this is why golf is a dying sport.  Remember when some club asked Rickie Fowler to turn his hat around when he was doing interviews after his round?  Are you serious?!  I know it's a private club with the right to make its own ruls and most people couldn't play there anyway, but still.
First of all, I wasn't the one asking the question... I was providing feedback.Second, if I wanted to lie, I wouldnt say I was a 20 handicap in my profile.Thirdly, I do hit my driver 300+ pretty straight when struck well. My point was that WHEN I strike my driver and irons flush w an ideal swing, the reg flex in my irons promotes a right to left ball flight that doesn't happen w my stiff flex driver.
First of all, I wasn't the one asking the question... I was providing feedback. Second, if I wanted to lie, I wouldnt say I was a 20 handicap in my profile. Thirdly, I do hit my driver 300+ pretty straight when struck well. My point was that WHEN I strike my driver and irons flush w an ideal swing, the reg flex in my irons promotes a right to left ball flight that doesn't happen w my stiff flex driver.