or Connect

Posts by dc3032

I see the affect if different shaft flexes every time I play because my bag is a hodge-podge of different clubs. I still have the irons from my first "all-inclusive" set I got at Dicks in 2005... Don't laugh... Hahah... Which have reg flex graphite. As I got better and my swing became more consistent, I started to notice that all my irons would draw-hook if hit square. I have a nicer Cleveland driver with a stiff flex shaft... And I hit my driver 300+ pretty straight. I...
I agree totally on the putter... one of the best i've ever played with (and it was $80!).  I'm not sure how differenlty the fat grip will work on the mallet style, but I would certainly recommend the SuperStroke Slim Lite (55g) over just the Slim... the weight distribution is a real issue with a 130g grip.     I honestly suggest that if you love the feel of the putter as it is now, don't switch to one of these fat grips, unless you are able to test them out...
I see they now make a SuperStroke Slim Lite grip that's the same size as mine, but only 55g.  That would def help the weight distribution issue, but im not sure whether that's the main problem.  I'm concerned that the sheer thickness of the grip reduces the feedback i get on puts, making it difficult to judge distance consistantly.  It might just be that the Cleveland classic 1 bronze putter just doesn't work well with a fat grip...
I tried one of these grips on a demo club at Golf Galaxy this past winter and fell in love with the way it helps reduce wrist movement during the stroke (i assumed this was a big problem in my game).  I purchased a new Cleveland Bronze blade putter (which I also loved) and promptly had a SuperStroke Slim grip put on.      I have played about 15 rounds with this putter and haven't noticed any real improvment (i might be worse).  Because the Bronze putter has a...
I'm gonna be honest here, there is really no need to buy this book.  As one of the other posters already pointed out, the theory proposed is simple and the book gets repetitive, probably b/c it is so simple and he needed to fill pages.   That being the theory in the book is VERY EFFECTIVE.   I went to a local B&N and skimmed the book in about 20 min.  Maybe this isn't the morally right thing to do, but I find it ridiculous to pay $14 for a small book that repeats the...
Well, Nike is a marketing company, but they also have contracts w/ companies that they licence product from.  For example, Nike designers will develop an idea for a type of pant and they will ask a manufacturing company to create it for them.  The manu company then signs a contract saying, among other boring things, that they will not licence their fabric to any other "marketing" company for a specific term.  Now, there are obviously many different manu companies, which...