or Connect

Posts by joshray

I've been spending a ton of time working on my irons, and hitting down on the ball this season.  I'm getting much more consistent iron shots, but my driver started fading.  I am not a big hitter, but I usually put it right down the middle of the fairway with my driver.  Yesterday I was out golfing, and on the last hole, after hitting another fade from the tee box, I decided to use my old swing (before I started hitting down) and it went perfectly straight, and about 30...
I just bought GolfShot for my Iphone 4S and took it out yesterday.  It worked well, and had the ability to track every swing to give me my personal yardages for each club.  Around the 7th hole, it started to freeze up, and was pretty worthless the rest of the round.  I  could still input my scores, but the GPS screen was just black.  From the sounds of it, that's not common, but it was frustrating to have it happen on my first outing.    The other feature that didn't...
13 HCP by November Eliminate 3-putts Track everything with GolfShot App Hit 10 buckets/week 2 hrs/week around practice green 2 hrs/week putting Play in 2-3 tournaments
I'm completely jealous of this guy.  I get to go to the range 3-4 days after work, and I thought I had it pretty good. 
I'm looking at getting lessons right now, and trying to find a good instructor in the Salt Lake area.  Good luck with your lessons.
Tiger Woods -14 Rory McIlroy - 12 Phil Mickelson -10  
Yes, my employer is awesome.  I would love to do both, but my wife has already agreed to let me get some new clubs this year, and I think spending a couple hundred more on lessons may be pushing it.  For some reason, she doesn't think golf lessons are as important as I do - maybe there's a thread about convincing wives of the importance of the sport that I haven't read yet.   I've never taken lessons, and I think they would be very valuable to me.  My friend showed...
My employer offers a wellness reimbursement plan, and they include golf lessons.  I've already spent some of the money on a range pass, and I've been out 3-4 days a week hitting a couple buckets each day.  I have about $260 left to spend, and I was talking with the Pro about lessons, until I read about the AimPoint system here.   Right now, every aspect of my game needs help.  I have a friend who is a scratch golfer, and he's been giving me tips/advice for my irons...
Thanks for the tips.  I just checked out your noodle thing, and it looks like it would probably help.  I don't have my own private driving range in my backyard like you do though, I might feel pretty dumb with a big pink noodle on my public range.   Can you help me understand what you mean by "not maintaining lag long enough?"   As for the fitted clubs, I've been talking with a lot of different people, and they've all been measuring my wrist to the ground. ...
This is one I took this weekend at Talons Cove in Utah. Not the greatest course in the world, but the views on this par 3 were amazing.