or Connect

Posts by Old1964

I'm no expert on clubs and equipment, but Iacas posted an interesting thread on the angle of attack when hitting the driver. If I were good for anything, I would find the link to the thread and post it here, but alas, I'm tired and lazy tonight.    My thought was just that it might be a good read especially since you are inclined to hit a power fade and Iacas was talking about hitting up with the driver. If a slight swing adjustment (very slight) would give you a...
Matt Kuchar and Brian Gay are the two highest ranked player in this year's Fedex points who will be playing this weekend in Tampa Bay.  If Kuchar won this weekend, it would put him in first place. Many of the crowd's favorites aren't slated to play.   Other notables on the Fedex List: Michael Thompson, Josh Teater, and Jimmy Walker.   Stuart Cink just changed clubs...it would be nice to see him show up with his best game!     Who looks good to you for this...
Two Thoughts:   Tiger is going to start blowing people's minds again...his short iron play was amazing!     Johnny Miller may need a pacemaker before this golf season is over.
Stricker = awesome individual.   Thinking Woods might want to cut him a check for the successful putting pointers. Anyone know what specific advice Stricker gave him?  Missed all the discussion about that as I had to work.
I got laid up in September with a shoulder injury - surgery in December - and spring golf looks sketchy at this point.  It sucks and am doing rehab seeing progress.   At the same time I hope you proceed better than they think you will.  Truth is, if you could never golf again, I'm glad to think that you will be there for those three little ones in your avatar...and, in due time, have the joy of getting around the course with them (driving you nuts, if they are like...
Just wondering...would you find it interesting to watch the pros play a tournament in which each pro had to play the same equipment set up to their specs (length, loft and lie)?  Of course, I suppose that they are contractually forbidden from this. But, I would imagine that for some kind of "benefit golf outing" it might be allowed. I'm guessing they would still be able to post some great scores and it would make for some interesting moments.    Picture it...they all...
Got some yellow z-stars from Amazon.com...and think that the best part of using them is to bother my golfing partners on Monday.    I love just messing with them from time to time.     On the down side, if you enjoy the drama of walking around the dogleg and there's only one ball in the fairway - and you are walking up on it with your foursome to see if it is yours, well, the highly visible yellow will give them more time to dog you along the walk of shame.
Just pulled my Gold Flex out of the box today.    Though I had shoulder surgery December 26th (torn labrum), I was able to slowly work into a decent swing path and tempo with it. My hope was confirmed that it is an easy way to increase my flexibility while doing physical rehab. and find my swing again. Haven't been able to hit since September.
So, he is either a gutless liar, a weak-willed sissy, or a guy who is getting condemned because he didn't say the right thing at the right time to reporters in the parking lot.   I'm going with option 3.   When he said that he wasn't in a good state of mind (or something to that effect), he didn't say why that was the case.   Everyone assumes that it was because of his score.   However, if he had followed his initial statement up with a description of...
Sure wish Golf could rise above the current drama-based approach to human events.   Now, many are treating Rory like he is a lying politician or a spoiled trust fund baby.   I think that they should give him the benefit of the doubt - isn't golf about honor and integrity?     Doesn't he have an established reputation as a credible, disciplined, and trustworthy guy?   Thought I saw him making some faces which would support his comments about pain from the...