or Connect

Posts by Old1964

Need distance...while doing all the above...why not just take one more club?
There are many, many good irons that will do the job.   mp 69's by Mizzuno   ap2's by Titlest       Both give you some forgiveness and feel really good.   Of course, my friend loves his Pings - i20's.  He played the s56 irons for a season - looked at the Ping Anser irons before getting the i20's.  He is considerably shorter than I am and plays with a 2 degree down swing plane - where I am plus 1 inch and 2 degrees upright - so I hit his 6 irons some -...
Phelps is finishing up filming of the Golf Channel reality series "The Haney Project." Phelps and golf coach Hank Haney have spent the last few months trying to tune up the 27-year-old's game.   http://summergames.ap.org/reporternews/article/michael-phelps-has-his-eye-golf-not-gold     Hope it is entertaining Monday night. It's really cold up here in Michigan and could use a good laugh!
Having watched a few episodes of the Haney Project with Charles Barkley and Ray Romano, it was obvious that Haney had some special challenges. Barkely was out of shape and battled his notorious glitch. Romano was preoccupied with work, not practicing and was providing the "entertainment value" that the producer's surely had in mind.   However, with Phelps as his student,  he has a young, fit, (and sometimes very mellow) coordinated ultra athlete.    Haney...
Having taken many younger ones to the golf range, I can tell you what I have come to understand.   The younger ones are predominantly drawn to that which provides more immediate pleasure. Video games require a few hours to learn and provide dozens of hours of enjoyment each week.  Most haven't hit a golf ball in their life, and those that do feel like losers. They can play video games on the internet and talk to people around the globe - team up with people and play...
Anyone try hitting one square from a greenside bunker? By that, I mean, not opening up one's stance or laying the blade wide open?  
For distance control...what do you think about increasing or decreasing your backswing...kind of like the dial on a clock...8 o'clock is 15 yards, 9 is 20 etc...
Tot Hill Farm   http://affordablegolfdesign.blogspot.com/2012/11/tot-hill-farm-golf-golf-club-asheville.htm   http://www.tothillfarm.com   6541 yards 72.1/144   Lot of surprises, especially when you are stopping by and playing without an experienced playing partner.    Special Bonus: A super crusty course marshall (think Jack Palance from City Slickers).
Missed Mahan and Poulter playing.    Here's a link that describes the hole-by-hole spanking that Mahan gave him.   mini-rant: And to think, this, after the glorious build up of Poulter yesterday that made him sound like an undefeated gladiator! One announcer said, well, "If he's so good, why hasn't he got more than 2 wins on the PGA?" The other said that he didn't think Poulter could stay focused long enough for a four-day match....
  I'm sorry. I was distracted by all the CAPS!   What was your point? You loved your i10's and you play i20's and you can't understand why anyone would want to play them when there are better clubs on the market. Okay. You are not alone in that opinion.     Knob = Noob?  Newbie?  Someone new to the game?