or Connect

Posts by Old1964

Congrats on the new irons.   You can check out this link in our forums - it will give you some more to consider. http://thesandtrap.com/t/55905/shafts-and-swing-speed/0_50   From what you said about your swing speed, the regular shafts should be the best match. I suspect that is why the Ping irons played better for you. The other thing to keep in mind is that when we try to get fit for clubs, you don't want to see how fast you can swing as that is not the way...
Have you had your swing checked with a shaft analyzer?   Something that is used by the computer to measure your speed, transition, and recommend a kick point?   I congratulate you for sounding very thoughtful in your thinking. Lots of people just want a new, expensive, shiny driver thinking that will fix things.   Of course, the angle of attack is key. And, like most golfers you are going to struggle to be consistent with the longest club in the bag.    So,...
Well good luck to you with these clubs.   I played a round with a set of Cleveland Launcher hybrid sets. It was almost impossible to not have good ball contact and good ball flight with them though I was at a loss to control the distance.   Who knows? Maybe the distance control would have come with some practice.  For me it was a curiosity.   Enjoy the new sticks.   Cause, some day you will be wanting to replace them.
I am not aware of any way to clean off the "pop-up" marks.  The paint is scuffed.   At this point, people have talked about using some polishing compound to minimize the scuff. Others go so far as to have it painted.   On the other end of the spectrum, you can just get a few  stickers and no one will know.
Well, most guys on this forum have fallen victim to the popular, good-looking, new model golf club a time or two.   I wouldn't consider your club to be harsh or punishing, but if you are not consistent, a more forgiving driver may help you develop a more relaxed rhythm and better tempo as you won't be stressed out about it.   I would consider looking for something more like a Ping K15 or G20.  They are known for their playability. They are respectable and well...
I have given in to crutches like cavity back irons and graphite shafts...   At any rate, I played around with a Niblick a little last year and like it. While I do have a consistent game around the greens, I found the Niblick to be easy and enjoyable.   I think that lots of people have never used one and don't know that ...   1. They have shortened shaft for greater control. 2. They set up like a putter - more vertical shaft to promote a simple pendulum...
I didn't remember that one. But, it is good to see that the pros are human. They shoot some lousy golf every now and then. Of course, they often knock out 3 birdies in a row...haven't done that yet. I've had two in a row and then usually bogey trying for number the third one.
I was eager to get the opportunity to take a look at the leaderboard of the Northern Trust Open today but was stunned to see that Bubba shot 40/37 in today's opening round. Bogeyed number 1 and then 5,6,7,8!  I can't remember the last time I saw a pro bogey 4 in a row.   Anyone else remember a pro bogeying 4 in a row?   I heard that he was trying to keep up with Rickie Fowler in his latest stunt.    
Thanks for all of the photos - you really covered the course!    I was struck by how "normal" the course looks in your pictures compared to its appearance on tv.    What kind of camera/lens were you using?  
  His point was that he was looking at moving to another state.  He did speak up when asked I think to draw attention to what it is like to do business in California (of which I'm guessing 8/10 Californians are clueless). And, if you heard his comments, he was not whining, just didn't appreciate being branded by his state and federal governments as the kind of person who hasn't been paying "his fair share".    *** Democracy is two wolves and a lamb voting on what to have...