or Connect

Posts by Old1964

Very nice kregan!  I think if you did the minimalist frame with the cool outer edges shown on your first model (looked like a person's fingers would grip it o so well), it would be awesome. How much would you want for something like that - that could accommodate a Motorola Razor Maxx?
Not gonna quote any of the tst members here regarding their pissy attitude toward Phil, but I will say it sucks.   His character and life speaks for itself.    And, for those of you who think that doing the best you can with the opportunity that this life provides you somehow deserves anything other than congrats on a life well-lived, you need to take another look at your value set. I feel sorry for you if you fell for the line of crap that your 3rd grade teacher...
1. Knowing that Phil gives away millions...who do you think would accomplish more with his money? The treasury of the state of California? Or Phil and his wife? Maybe if he stays in California he can help fund their park system for millions where illegals are farming marijuana crops and post signs warning hikers to avoid certain areas due to suspicious activity seen in the area.  Don't believe me...google it.   2. He is responding because he feels that he was singled...
  No offense taken. But, don't some golfers arrive at a static position at the top of their backswing? If there is a wrong way to begin your downswing, there must be a right way?  For instance, I know that it is incorrect to start the downswing with your head! I agree with you that it would be great to look at the swing, analyze it, and fix it. But, of course, wouldn't the teacher tell you something like, "You need to start your downswing with..."?
The real reason they both played so poorly is that Tiger and Rory were out partying the night before the tournament began.   They both had a bit of a hangover. Nike sponsored the binge drinking and arranged for Abu Dhabi rap artists, One Hump or Two,  to keep the party going.   Morning of start...wan't hair of the dog...it was hair of the camel!
  I thought about it, but I knew that everyone was so biased that I could never be taken seriously if I preferred Hammer over Titlest - BBBBAAAAAAAMMMMMMMMMMMM!
  I'm thinking I may have to change my equipment description so I will be perceived as an objective, open-minded thoughtful person rather than an ideologue.  1-2 irons -  Wilson (cause they have won more majors than any other club) 3-5 irons - Miura (cause they are forged in the fires of the gods and turn each user into a golf ninja) 6-9 irons - Mizzuno (cause they are the equivalent of hitting a ball with a stick of butter) PW - Ping (cause who doesn't like the colored...
  Please read above on the thread and see that I was asked a question of what I would do after I posted the comments from Nick Faldo. I wasn't passing judgment on Rory's decision to take the money and the clubs. I was merely reflecting on a hypothetical question asked of me - of what I might do - while conceding if I could swap out clubs at my discretion I would take the money.     So, I am not condemning Rory's decision.   On the other hand, I would add that I think...
It is the horror of men that they judge themselves by their intentions and others by their actions.   While we typically think about how great Tiger had it (or has it depending on your perspective), we seldom consider the notion that his affluence, talents, opportunities, and accomplishments have also provided nearly endless opportunities to destroy himself and others through choosing pleasure and tranquility over the virtues and responsibilities of reality.
  Great question.   If I was no. 1 in the world, at the top of my game,  and expected to make a few million in the upcoming season with my current clubs, would I jeopardize that? Probably not. For me, I think I could live well on a few million and enjoy not having to change anything.    On the other hand, though Rory didn't answer the reporter's question about his contractual obligations - as to whether he could swap out clubs (e.g. his putter), I suspect he must have...