or Connect

Posts by 596

I just purchased a Guerin Rife and here's the reason over my other putter:   1.  The Guerin Rife is a center shafted model.  My old putter was a heel shafted putter.  The center shaft is easier for me to align and strike with consistency.   2.  The Guerin Rife has a number of alignment aids.  There is a horizonal white line on the top of the heel section running back from the head to the heel, there is also a vertical white slot on the back of the head.  You...
65 degrees and mostly sunny.  Shot a 75, 4 over.  Birdies on 5 and 6.  15 ft putt on 5 and a 20 yard pitch in on 6.  Missed at least 4 putts of less then 5 ft, as I've changed my putting stroke and putter.  As i work on the putting my scores should drop a bit.  I'm playing currently to an 8 hdcp, so the 4 over is good at this point.  I hit the ball very well, chipped very well and putting saw signs of change.    I'm working on lagging as I've been hitting the ball...
I think we have the same problem.  I can hit a straight ball or a fade all day with the driver.  When I try and hit a slight draw.....its a no go.  I can't do it.  I have 3 drivers, 9.5*, 10* and a 12*.  All are the same result, no draw.  When I try to draw the ball I get a low pull, duck hook, straight ball, etc, etc.  So resently I started to setup with a slightly open club face in an attempt to come inside/out trying to hit a push/draw.   The straight draw don't work...
30's, 20's, sleet....what are you people......nuts?  I love golf as much as anyone but that is just crazy to me.   You guys need to move south!!   I NEVER play or go to the range when temps are less then 55.  Never in the rain either.  I'll wait til tomorrow and have gorgeous weather to play.   btw - yes....you see a drop in distance when weather is cold, clubs are cold or ball is cold.  Even at 55 degrees I see a lose in distance from when I play in 90...
I voted "other" on how I clean my club.  I use a position on the range as near to the supplied water bucket and brush that I can.  Take a few divots and then walk over and use the bucket.  I have a towel on my bag and dry the club as I return to the range position.  This also allows me time to think and slow down on the range.  I see lots of people just firing ball after ball and really not thinking about what they are doing.  This allows me the chance to think about it!!
I'm stabbing at that your friend was indeed correct.  You do get relief as your stance was on a cart path.  However, your relief is on the same side of the cart path as the ball lies, so you could have 1 club length from the point of the edge of the cart path not closer to the hole.  The 1 club length might have you hitting from the other side of the tree,depends on the size of the tree.  In this case your stance is no longer on the cart path, but the tree might be in...
The basic answer is no.  I play my irons +1" and 4 1/2* upright.  The woods +1" and driver 47.25" are all regular lie.  Most of these clubs, woods and drivers, cannot be lie adjusted.   I'd look into adjusting your wedges.  I have 4.5* upright on all my irons including 4-pw,uw,sw,lw.   I discussed this alot with a club maker before I had him custom make a 3,5 and 7 wood.  The only thing we ended up doing was adding an inch to the length of them, but this was not...
 I envy you guys who always hit balls before you tee it up.    My wife knows it'll be 6 hours after I leave the house before I'll get back home.  I get to the course an hour before my tee time.  The courses are about 20 minutes from our house.  She has zero problems with this.  She always tells me to have fun as I'm walking out the door.  Even on days I don't play golf I'm cycling/running for up to 2-3 hours.  We have lots of time.  As for the $$, when you pay...
If I'm not playing: 5-10 half wedges.  A different wedge each day. Just to loosen up. 5-10 easy full wedges with same wedge 5-10 mid irons.  A different mid iron each day. 10-15 or so fairway woods. Either a 3,5,or 7 wood 10-15 drivers. I then hit ALOT of balls with 1 club that I am working on that day.  I hit cuts, draws, high, low etc Then I head back down with a mid iron, then a few more wedges, a few drivers, then back to the club I'm working on for the...
I play with guys that don't necessarily play real well and added pressure of bets and competition doesn't make it any more fun for them.  So we play side bets only on par3's with carryovers.    We play totally for fun.  We knock each others balls off the tees, run them over with a cart, plug them when ever we get a chance.....its 4 hours of laughing and enjoying each others company and pranks.  We also give each other a rash of sh*t all the time.    I play 1-2...