or Connect

Posts by cbrian

Great video as usual Michael! Surely it will reach a few people that need it.  To that point, one thing always floors me. When I surf around youtube I see instructional pieces, put up by instructors, that demonstrate things they neither do themselves, nor do you see good golfers doing. Now think about that for a second... One, they have access to a computer. Two, they have access to a camera.    And I don't mean to be negative or sound like I know everything (I certainly...
First thing, get your camera angle better on the DTL shot. Whoever is holding it needs to be closer to your shoulders and needs to shoot more parallel to your shoulders. The shot that you have is distorted thanks to the fact that the person is shooting with the camera angled left. Also, when you start changing clubs, the swings are going to look different because of distortion caused by you being further away or closer to the ball.    Second, while I agree that the...
New video. We have been working for a little while now and hes come a really long way. His golf season is approaching and I think his scoring average is about to drop by a ton from last year.  Anyways, he kind of overdid a good thing and started getting the shoulders turning too steep on the BS (watch his head). So he was feeling like his left shoulder didn't work down at all on the BS and then keeping inclination constant after p4. Still have a little work to do, but...
To be honest, I'm trying so hard to over extend after p2 that I don't feel much else at p4. This is a tough one for me...
New video. I reverted a little bit thanks to the holidays and my tilt/extend feel wasn't exactly working for me. Looking better now though. Also, changed setup slightly.    Oh and in the after I was swinging about 50% and chunked it, but oh well.... its progress.   
Well said. As I always tell my students, fast is slow and slow is fast. 
Feeling more extension (one of the pieces that has reverted slightly) and left arm feeling like its working to the bill of his cap. Then once the left arm was working better we had to work on feeling like his backswing took way too long.      I got some clips that look prettier, but I don't care... part of the side issue is getting him to like HIS swing. 
Time for a new one: This one will be interesting I think. This is Henry and he is a really good player. He has a pretty unique swing, but really has the ability to put the club where it needs to be when it counts. However, there were things that were holding him back.    The after was taken the other day on the range. We had a couple pieces looking a little better than this before the lack of daylight kind of ruined our usual lesson time. However, I still think hes...
And from a different angle. Got a couple things I really want to clean up once this gets more ingrained. However, its going good.... just hard considering how long I practiced my low and slow move way back when.     
Thanks guys. I'll post a new one in a day or two. At first we weren't working that often and things moved kind of slow. We talked about low point control and did some chipping drills (for impact) first, so swing wasn't dramatically different, but he started making consistent contact because he knew the goal on the most basic level. Then we started working more frequently and the changes started getting dramatic. I'd say in a month and half to two months he basically...