or Connect

Posts by cbrian

Thanks for posting this for me. I just don't think enough emphasis is placed on the right pieces at times. Getting your clubface aimed perfectly at target wont make you hit it straight.   Hit the ball solid, control your curve, aim your shot. 
Thanks James. Will do if I get the chance. 
  Thanks Michael. I appreciate you guys letting me share here. You and Erik have always been very generous. Like I said before, really the only reason I haven't posted more here was that I have a hard time following stuff on the phone. Erik needs to get on a mobile version    Permission? I think you misunderstood. These are videos of my students and their progress (so my videos). I'm just slowly copying a thread that I started elsewhere to here.    Which brings up a good...
Some of you may know me and some of you may not. My name is Brian and I'm a golf instructor in GA. I frequent another forum and will occasionally pop in over here. However, I'm thinking of changing that a bit because the other place just doesn't seem interested any more. And because of that, I'm going to start "porting" over some stuff from that other forum in hopes that it will start the conversations that it failed to start before.    So here it goes. The reason...
Thanks Michael! We worked two days in a row in that sequence (for like 3ish hours total). First day (Friday) we started out with ball flight laws, shot descriptions, etc and then got into some setup and swing stuff. The second day (Saturday) we concentrated on tilts and then eventually got into working the ball (applying ball flight laws). Saw him and his group today (Sunday) at the turn and they said he was hitting it further than he was before, which I'm sure was quite...
Haha... like the reaction at the end. But yea, hips should turn and right leg should lose some flex while doing it. However, the biggest problem IMO is that she doesn't understand how the club should travel inside. When she watches you or whoever she has seen swing the club she thinks the arms are the ones doing the work. The reality is that the shoulders should move the arms inside. To prove that point you can have her stand up and hold her arms out in front of her and...
If you shift that much weight to the back foot you aren't staying centered. 
Getting better... been drilling RoC when I can. I still get some decent over draws at times, but its getting better. Light years ahead of where I was when I started this journey.    Playing with some guys on Thursday that roll their eyes when they see what I work on, so... can't wait to bomb it past them all day. Haha 
I haven't read all the posts in this thread because I'm so late to the party, so maybe this has already been said. Working on your short game SHOULD be good practice for your long game.... even more so for your poor golfers. Not only will the player be working on getting better around the greens, but he should also be getting better at achieving good impact alignments. Its dual purpose and its much much easier to learn, feel, understand, etc good impact.    So thats...
Update on my progress (arms better in this clip, but lower body not where I want it):   And an interesting look at my foot/leg work from yesterday (trying to shallow things out):