or Connect

Posts by cbrian

Besides the fact that I own the videos, the only point of posting them was to display their hard work and maybe get some conversation going about the changes. I'm very proud of the work my students put in and I think its nice for others to see the results of that work. Also, I think the videos can help others get better. So win-win in my opinion.    And on top of all of that, each person gets a link to their video and can ask me to have it moved to private if they so...
Here's a recent swing... not bad for the fourth swing after taking over a week off. A couple old habits creeping in though.       
Time for another installment. Here's Tyler as promised.    I met Tyler this summer when he was struggling with.... what he was working on. We have made some great progress since that time. I'm really, really proud of this kid. I can't wait to see where he ends up.  As for the changes... they are not hard to pick up on, so I'll let you guys figure it out for the most part. However, I will say that we are working on getting more extension post impact so there isn't...
Yea he paid me. That lesson took well over an hour though.    And for the two posts above the one I quoted, what I suggest is this: If you are working on a mechanical piece then its fine to keep aim constant (ie: alignment sticks, rope on ground, etc). If you are hitting balls to groove your swing or want to work on hitting shots, then go through your routine and try to land on a target. Basically treat it like you are on the course.   I feel like that's the most...
Thanks for posting this for me. I just don't think enough emphasis is placed on the right pieces at times. Getting your clubface aimed perfectly at target wont make you hit it straight.   Hit the ball solid, control your curve, aim your shot. 
Thanks James. Will do if I get the chance. 
  Thanks Michael. I appreciate you guys letting me share here. You and Erik have always been very generous. Like I said before, really the only reason I haven't posted more here was that I have a hard time following stuff on the phone. Erik needs to get on a mobile version    Permission? I think you misunderstood. These are videos of my students and their progress (so my videos). I'm just slowly copying a thread that I started elsewhere to here.    Which brings up a good...
Some of you may know me and some of you may not. My name is Brian and I'm a golf instructor in GA. I frequent another forum and will occasionally pop in over here. However, I'm thinking of changing that a bit because the other place just doesn't seem interested any more. And because of that, I'm going to start "porting" over some stuff from that other forum in hopes that it will start the conversations that it failed to start before.    So here it goes. The reason...
Thanks Michael! We worked two days in a row in that sequence (for like 3ish hours total). First day (Friday) we started out with ball flight laws, shot descriptions, etc and then got into some setup and swing stuff. The second day (Saturday) we concentrated on tilts and then eventually got into working the ball (applying ball flight laws). Saw him and his group today (Sunday) at the turn and they said he was hitting it further than he was before, which I'm sure was quite...
Haha... like the reaction at the end. But yea, hips should turn and right leg should lose some flex while doing it. However, the biggest problem IMO is that she doesn't understand how the club should travel inside. When she watches you or whoever she has seen swing the club she thinks the arms are the ones doing the work. The reality is that the shoulders should move the arms inside. To prove that point you can have her stand up and hold her arms out in front of her and...