or Connect

Posts by KevCarter

VERY IMPRESSIVE LIST!!!   All folks I look up to and have learned a lot from.   Kevin
  Bowling?
    I agree with this paragraph 100%.   Kevin
  Hi John, not positive I am correct, but that's my gut feeling. I think there is a reason for the definition. If one is standing next to the flag, the impulse to help the fellow competitor by getting the flag out of the way is too great to resist... :-)   Kevin
Actually, the player asked the fellow competitor to leave the flag in. Did she ask her not to attend the flag? Please see Note 1. What is the definition of attending the flag? In my opinion, the player should have asked the fellow competitor to step away from the flag. My ruling would be no penalty.     Rule 17 The Flagstick   Definitions All defined terms are in italics and are listed alphabetically in the Definitions section. 17-1. Flagstick Attended,...
I think Mike and Andy brought golf swing instruction into the 21st century clearing up many mis-conceptions. EVERY teacher is now using much of their terminology and ideas whether they are doing so consciously or not. IMO the instruction on the new DVD set is relevant to any method / system.   Kevin
  33-1. Conditions; Waiving Rule   The Committee must establish the conditions under which a competition is to be played.   The Committee has no power to waive a Rule of Golf.
I was replying to the context of the thread and its title where nothing was mentioned about an agreement to waive the rules, rather a question on ignorance of match play rules by the participants. Kevin
I would be interested in seeing the decisions stating Order of Play must be enforced. Here is the text: a. When Starting Play of Hole The side that has the honor at the first teeing ground is determined by the order of the draw. In the absence of a draw, the honor should be decided by lot. The side that wins a hole takes the honor at the next teeing ground. If a hole has been halved, the side that had the honor at the previous teeing ground retains it. b. During Play...
  I'm a little familiar with how Public Golf Courses work, LOL, in that case please refer to option one of the sentence and have some fun.   Kevin