or Connect

Posts by inthehole

well, my suspscion when starting this thread has been realized.      I was certain Bubba is a polarizing fellow.      I am a bit surprised on how lopsided the poll was though - more Bubba love than I thought there would be ...
I have both - don't have much of a preference ... if I have comfortable shoes in either style, I'm good
BEST way is to play a best ball scramble outing if you have the opportunity.     Nobody cares if you've never played golf before in a scramble - there are always a couple guys who carry the foursome.     Granted, most people don't have this opportunity, but I enjoyed it so much, I went out & found a set of used clubs at the local flea market the next weekend for $20, went to the range a few times after work & then went to the cheapest course I could find the next...
 I find myself doing that - taking too much sand.    It's a very precise ball strike - hitting close enough behind the ball, but not too far behind it so it doesn't make it out of the bunker.      I've had my best success limiting my backswing to make more  precise contact, and of course coming through hard with a good follow through.     Just wish I had a place to practice the shot - it's tough to find a range with a decent practice bunker...
 same here - its predictable.     Have trouble matching my front scores on the back ... AT ANY COURSE I PLAY.      It's a pattern ... should be the other way around, I'm warmed up, things should be clicking, but never happens ... frustrating
LACK OF ACCURACY with shorter clubs !!!!!!!!!!!       For the "easy" approach shots say from 130 and in ... I can't get it close - my distance control is good as I'm usually pin high and on the green somewhere, or just off the green --- BUT --- I could be 40 ft left or right ... which puts so much pressure on the short game getting down in 2.       I would love to get my approach shots within 15 ft consistently - just can't seem to do it.      I am afraid I'll forever be a...
I never understood the emphasis on distance either - seems like a d1ck measuring contest (I guess if you're a tournament player it's more important).     I could care less about my distance - I'm your basic average.      Accuracy is what I'm working on - GIR's are the name of the game...  
In your price range, don't have to go used.    These clubs got me down to bogie in 2 years.     I would recommend them - long and...
Remember Jeff Gordon's blubber fest when he won his first Cup ... granted, he was a kid and it's been a while since he's won one, but he didn't carry on like that after winning subsequent championships.   A nascar championship is about equivilent to winning a major, so there's hope for Bubba (I won't expect him to tear up in usual wins, only majors)
 I learned on TM BUrner Plus irons - they're very good clubs, but super game improvement category for higher hcp'ers.    RBZ are game improvement & better suited for mid-cappers, which is where you are.    Plus the RBZ are a lot slimmer looking at address, which most people like.    Can't go wrong with either IMHO & they're both much more forgiving compared to the irons you have.