or Connect

Posts by inthehole

OK, I'll bite ... what gives.    Must have been a MASSIVE media event for nothing to be easily found on Google about it.    His dad Peter was said to be a bit of a cheerleader for his son at the US Open when he was caddying ... are you upset about a father rooting for his son - maybe you didn't get enough hugs when you were a child ??
"don't forget to pick up your tee before the ball hits the ground ... it looks cool"   LOLOLOL
 wow - this is eye opening.    I'm actually pretty decent out of the sand, but won't pull the 3w or other long club if I think there's a pretty good chance I'll run it up & find my way into the sand.    I guess the moral is to not be afraid of the sand ??
worst shot I ever saw was a complete whiff on a tee shot ... BY ME.   Tough to convince anyone it was a practice swing ...
 Depends on the comfort level some people have with hitting their longest clubs.    I love pulling the 3w for those long shots you describe ... BUT ... only if it's a perfect flat fairway lie.   Otherwise, I'll chose something more reliable and take the BIG number out of the equation ...
 I think Vikings represents the pinnacle of made for TV production - with all that goes into building the elaborate sets, boats, props, battle scenes, etc etc  ... it's pretty much unprecedented.    Loosely based on fact makes it even more engaging.   I can see why it took almost a year between seasons - it just takes so long to produce that level of awesome.      I challenge anyone who hasn't seen it to watch this current season trailer: 
I haven't read this entire thread, but seems the common thread for most single digit hcp'rs is that they started playing golf while they were young (up through their 20's).   My question is this:  ANYBODY START PLAYING GOLF IN THEIR 40s LIKE ME, WHO'VE MADE IT TO SINGLE HCP ??   I need some inspiration - seems way too many good golfers started playing young, which is depressing me ...
totally agree - used to play a lot of tennis & was a huge tennis fan in the 80's & 90's ... ever since there were basically no dominating Americans, I lost interest and rarely watch now.    I may be a fair weather fan, but I bet I'm not alone ...
My memory sucks, but I do keep a pretty detailed log of the "best and worst" shots of each round.    Figure one day when I'm sitting in the nursing home, it will be great to look back and recall all those rounds in detail and bring back memories ...
same here ... seems so many guys who take the game seriously and play ALOT can get to a 12-16, but never get beyond that (I see myself and everyone I know plateau-ing thereabouts).    Seems to me that to get to a single digit hcp ... you really can't have hardly any blow up holes, maybe two double bogies max a round (seems like 1 double takes 3 pars to even out), and have to make just about all the 3-4 footers.     From a 12-16 hcp to say a 7-9 is light years apart in...