or Connect

Posts by inthehole

sure, I would give up the getting up at 5 AM, 1 hour drive in brutal traffic each way, dealing with clients who don't want to hear what you have to say, risk improvement goals, etc etc  ... to play golf for a living.   I wish there was a HELL YEAH option...
... wasn't she supposed to do NFL sideline interviews after leaving TGC - haven't seen anything out of her this year.    Anybody see her doing anything for the NFL ?
A little self-assessment can't hurt going into the new year ...   GOOD: - Driving way more consistent - just grooving a nice controlled tempo, and gaining a bit more length to boot. - Sand game - much better, made more up and downs than ever. - Lag putting - hot and cold, but far more hot than cold ... trending well.   BAD: - Approach shots - used to be my strong suit ... leaving too many long lag putts from easy 80-110 yd approach shots. - Green side chipping -...
Two great shots resulting in 1 foot kick ins come to mind ...   - 9i from 134 yds at Great Gorge - 4i from 178 yds at Architects (fairly epic as it happened with a cold ball in 40 degree weather into the wind)
 compared to the frozen tundra of Pennsylvania, even Pensacola will feel glorious (even if I have to wear a sweater)  !
been a mild snowfall winter so far, bastige weatherman forcasted 2-4 inches, got almost 8 inches at my house...   ... THIS IS NOT GOOD FOR GOLFFFFFFFF !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!   it put me over the edge ... I snapped & booked a golf trip - going to try Pensacola this winter ...
on the plus side, it'll be gone soon ... problem is over here, once it snows, it hangs around a couple months just to stick poke us golfers
  I just don't put a lot of effort with putting on the frozen greens.    Everything else is pretty much the same - unless you're a big divot taker, that would be problematic in the frozen tundra.   Cold golf is better than no golf in my book ...
Having seen how good the PGA guys are up close, this is all I got for the OP ...   https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1zNdw4DaUM8
I started at 46 years old, so we're in the same boat.   I started with a dramatically shortened (cut about 3" off it) cheap ebay driver which helped me make solid contact.    Once I got good with that, I bought another cheap driver, shorted about an inch and a half, and then worked my way into a full size driver after that.    You could always choke up, but that feels funny & never appealed to me.   This approach just made sense to me.    The driver is the toughest club...