or Connect

Posts by inthehole

Nope - every round somewhere between 83 and 90.    Granted, I just enjoy playing (alot) - don't practice much unless I'm trying to fix a dramatic hook or some other issue.    My driving accuracy / distance and lag putting have made the best gains this year by far.     I struggle with recovery shots and mostly accuracy with short irons / full wedges into greens.   The not improving thing is a bit discouraging considering the amount that I play (2-3x a week).      In my...
You may not need SGI (super game improvement) clubs, but you definitely should get GI (game improvement) clubs like G30's, JPX 850's, TM RBDZ, etc).      I made the mistake of buying clubs I wasn't ready for & took a beating selling them - unless you have true dedication & are willing to put a shit ton of range practice in, don't buy clubs you're not ready for - in my case it was an exercise in frustration.   Golfsmith by me has JPX800's (new, but  2 or 3 yrs old models)...
So we've established you need (ok, maybe not need), but should have new clubs to take advantage of modern technology.  eBay is a rediculously good place to get used golf clubs - I've bought dozens and dozens of clubs on ebay - always worked out great (before others chime in ... if you stay away from Titleist, Ping and Taylormade on eBay, you pretty much eliminate the chance of buying a fake club).    Might be able to pick up an entire set of clubs, or buy an iron set,...
 ... thats mighty big of you. That guy should be prosecuted, period.    Full extent of the law ... cost of repairs, and most importantly lost revenue (unfortunately, thats a very difficult thing to put a dollar amount on when only 1 out of the 18 holes are presumably damaged). Whole thing is pretty bizarre ... maybe the guy lives on a golf course & is sick of his house being hit by golf balls; maybe he has a problem with golf & thinks it's only for rich people; maybe he...
 Honestly, if I made $9 or 10M in earnings in my 20's, I probably wouldn't be all that motivated to get up at 6 AM every morning and hit the range.     I'd be very careful with it and live the good life ... hopefully, thats what he's doing and not partying it away ...
I hear ya - I hit a shank with a full 8i off a tee last weekend - scared the crap out of me - closest I ever came to putting it right into a house with a lot of big expensive windows in it - I was REALLY lucky.     Haven't done that all summer - its the worst feeling in golf.    If that was a persistent problem I couldn't fix, I would most definitely turn in the clubs ...
 LOLOLOLOL !
I totally could see how the shanks could make a golfer go mental to the point of quitting.      Its such a devastatingly horrible shot that comes out of nowhere ... probably one of the toughest problems to fix, because it's fairly random
 I hit a 3 wood 265 yds last time out (sick distance for me).    My drive is typically 240-250.    I think for most of us, there isn't a huge distance differential.    I guess theoretically if you have a good 3 wood that agrees with you, you wouldn't be giving up much by using a 3 wood instead of driver, but you have to 100% commit to it - don't even take the driver so it's out of your mind.
No matter what scores I post, I'm always hovering between 12.6 & 12.8