or Connect

Posts by mpb1472

Sure it was a dumb call but the Seahawks only got that close after that ridiculous miracle catch. It was a great game with a lot of twists and turns. Well done Patriots! Anyone here think that most of the commercials were bad. I mean, "Cats in the cradle " song is about bad fathering and we see a good father's actions. Made no sense. Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Admitted Pats and Brady fan here that was initially disturbed by all the recent "deflate gate " news enough that I felt less inclined to defend them. Much of the contempt stems from the success they have achieved and the persona of the head coach, so they are an easy target. I am not happy that their legacy will always be tainted no matter what they do. It's sad in away that whatever good or great is there no one wants to see it or believe it. One thing that I find utterly...
Thoroughly enjoyed Taken 3. Good story and love the action. Made better by the presence of Liam Neeson. A solid birdie.
Great topic. I wonder which way is better, trying to keep left elbow straight or trying to keep right elbow less bent on backswing. I know there are training aids for either one. Both ways create tension I don't normally have but could be a good one to help me turn more. I am plagued with a poor left shoulder turn so perhaps by focusing on one or the other I might turn my body more and use less arms. I will work on this at the heated driving range today. Its all I can do...
Very interesting topic. Having come from a baseball background and then playing softball for over 25 years i always looked for ways to increase power. Back in my baseball days, a donut was commonly used in the on deck circle by almost everyone. Mostly to loosen up and it was important to take a few dry swings after using it or your timing would be off. So I never thought of it as a way to increase bat speed. Fast forward to my years of softball. Now in slow pitch you have...
Fury- eagle. Pitt delivers. Like Redford as he has aged he looks more rugged and is believable in this role. The tightness and bond of a small unit warts and all is portrayed well.
I most certainly will. Thanks.
iacas and mvmac, I did work on the setup you advised and had my best ball striking season with irons. It was a tougher to adhere to when I used a driver though. I'll be honest reverting back to an old habit may have felt better ( left foot straight/ right foot flared open)trying to hit a draw. Although, I reported in the foot flare thread some success,topping the ball did happen a little more than I liked. Thanks again for your help.
iacas, I should have clarified my post better. The setup I described was done with my driver in a closed stance. Reverting to what felt comfortable I guess. Your reference to my swing and your advice was adhered to in my iron setup. I had my best ball striking with irons in years. I should have reported back sooner to tell you that and thanked you.
Through experimentation of my own, I like to flare my right (back) foot and keep my left (front) foot straight or less flared. I know its the opposite of what is commonly taught but it seems to work for me. When I also flare out my left foot I come out of the shot easier and don't release the club as well. My left foot ends up more open in follow through so I spinout a bit but ball contact and ball flight are better. My right foot flared helps with a deeper backswing,...