or Connect

Posts by Jspin

Tried most every brand out there but on a trip to the Far East picked up a pair of Mizuno "Wave" shoes. Supremely comfy and lightweight.
Thanks Erik. Yeah, I'd agree the launch angle isn't ideal. While my average drive hitting it lower on the face was probably better due to consistency, I gave up the several long bombs a round I get from hitting the ball on or above the sweetspot. I think you've answered my question though with your observation that "thin shots go straighter."Maybe just do this on tighter holes when you just have to hit the fairway as a "go to " shot?
Playing around at the range last week, I experimented with trying to make contact on the lower portion of the clubface just under the "sweetspot." The result was hitting consistent, penetrating fades with a relatively low ball flight. I picked up about 10-20 yards as well. I put this technique into play this weekend at a very tough course and drove the ball beautifully all day breaking 80. FYI, play off 12, strengths are my very accurate irons and short game. I'm so far...
Best melt down ever: I was paired up with a wealthy investment banker in Palm Springs who promptly bragged of being a 5 handicap. He proceeded to hook almost every shot violently to the left, cursing and moaning every excuse under the sun. On the tenth hole he picked up his entire golf bag and hurled it into a green side lake. I told him, "hey even that had a hook on it!"
Ca,AZ, NV,WA,TX,NM,OK,LA,UT,HI. Going to add SC and NC next year!
Voman I know this reply is quite late but I just saw your post and had to comment. I also found my Cleek (19 degree) at a thrift store for a couple of bucks. Bought it on a whim and it has kicked my Callaway Diablo 5 wood and Nickent 21 degree hybrid out of the bag. I don't know what it is about this club but it has become my "go to" club from long range. Incredibly consistent with a boring trajectory. Works terrific out of sand and much better out big the rough than any...
Hi Erik, don't get irate with me, not bashing S&T just sharing my experience and hoping for help. Love to make stack n tilt work out as I feel that my iron play is 100% better and if I can get the driver technique down and move towards the swing  with all my clubs I have a feeling I'd drop 5-7 strokes at least. Intellectually the swing's principles make absolute sense to me compared with the tenets of conventional instruction. Maybe when the weather gets better, I will...
Lot's of good instructors at the College Golf Center, a busy public driving range adjacent to the College of the Desert. A number of pros set up their shingles there. I recommend you buy a small bucket and observe them instruct to see who's method and personality you like.
Yeah, same here. I gave it a fair shot, took lessons from an SnT instructor and played that way for a few months. Hit terrific irons compared to conventional swing but never got to a point where I could trust the driver or fairway woods. Kept hitting the top of the ball. Instructor and I kept working at it but eventually went back to the conventional method as playing with 2 techniques on the course never realy worked out. Also, started feeling a twinge and slight pain...